May 03, 2024, 03:04:52 pm

Author Topic: Operator Application - Wyboth  (Read 13108 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application - Wyboth
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »
If I ever do go back, someone can tell me that, and I'll snap out of it. I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

Motivating me to motivate me? Could you explain that better?

I would hope that people wouldn't distrust me so much as to think that I'm lying about all of this.

Basically, changing for a reason.
You need to motivate yourself to continue motivating yourself.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »
If I ever do go back, someone can tell me that, and I'll snap out of it. I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

I would hope that people wouldn't distrust me so much as to think that I'm lying about all of this.

I sort of get what you mean. Basically, I have to still want to want myself to do good things, right? If so, yes.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »

I sort of get what you mean. Basically, I have to still want to want myself to do good things, right? If so, yes.

No, you have to make yourself determined to stick with your change.
It's like being motivated to work out, you may have a reason to do it, so you try it for like a week, but to continuously do it, basically forever, is the second motivation you need.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 09:53:58 pm »

No, you have to make yourself determined to stick with your change.
It's like being motivated to work out, you may have a reason to do it, so you try it for like a week, but to continuously do it, basically forever, is the second motivation you need.
That's the other thing that I was thinking, and yes, I have that motivation.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2012, 11:59:18 pm »
Well, sorry Wy, but you still do not have my support.

As demonstrated today, you can still be argumentative (over something as Soul's gender which his gender is stated on his profile).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:34:46 am by UnknownHedgehog »

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2012, 04:03:53 am »
Well, sorry Wy, but you still do not have my support.

As demonstrated today, you can still be argumentative (over something as Soul's gender which his gender is stated on his profile).
That was an argument? I didn't think it was one. He asked me why I thought he was a girl before, so I told him. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal to me, which is why I never checked his profile. Sorry if he was offended by it, but that wasn't an argument. I was shocked that he was a boy, and he was shocked that I was misled before. But we weren't arguing over it; it's not like I can change his gender by disagreeing (which I didn't disagree). Anyways, this is getting a bit weird, so I won't say anything else about this for now.

I have another question: why is everyone still making a huge deal over how I was argumentative? I'm past it and I apologized; what more is there to say? I'd like to see some more posts about the things ops do more regularly, like banning griefers, helping guests, and judging builds. Yes, maturity is an issue, but it's only one of the things that needs to be considered. So far, nothing else has been discussed but how mature or immature I am. If any more issues come up, by all means, post them. But besides that, I'd like to take a more holistic approach to this. Here are some of the things that I'd do as an op:

1. Rule Breakers. Here are my views on ban limits for griefers. If they griefed one build, I will give them a one week ban, hoping that it will teach them not to grief again. That's their only warning. If they come back and grief again, it will be a permanent ip-ban. For someone who griefs more than one build, it really depends on the severity of the griefing. I might decide to give them a month ban and see if they only griefed about 3 builds, and nothing else. If they were griefing a lot and being rude, I'll perma-ban them without a doubt. This brings me to another subject, which is being abusive towards other players. If they start to be abusive, I'll first tell them to stop, then maybe one more warning if they continue. After that, I'll kick them. I'll kick them again if they keep being abusive. After that, I'll give them a one-day ban for abuse and consult with another op as for future punishment. If they still don't get a clue, right here it boils down to how abusive they're being. If they aren't that bad, I might give them a day or a week. If they're egregious, I'll perma-ban them, but if they were that bad before, I might have perma-banned them before. It really comes down to how bad they were being for this one. Next topic: hackers, if this ever happens. Instant perma-ban. There's no mercy for this one. Ban evasion: tell them to make an appeal and not to make extra accounts, then ban the account. Non-English Public Chat: Give them several warnings for this one. Eventually I may kick them, but I doubt I would ever have to ban anyone for this. Advertising: Give them one warning. If they continue, kick. If they continue after that, one more kick. After that, one-week ban. After that, perma-ban. Vulgar drawings: one-week ban. Any more and I'll make it permanent.
Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to follow these exactly every time. They'll change based on the situation and the severity. The short way to say this is to use common sense, but since you don't know how my common sense works, that was a brief list of ways that I might act in certain situations.

2. Helping Guests. This one's a lot shorter, since I don't have to make a list. Basically, I'll answer any questions a guest has, using hotkeys when applicable. This is pretty general; I'll be helpful in whatever way is required.

3. Ranking. This part is probably the most opinionated of all. How I will rank a build is based on appearance and effort. Basically, it has to look good, and it has to have been moderately difficult to make. A box made of bookshelves won't fly (seriously, someone tried to get promoted with that before) because it was too easy to make and doesn't look good. I could go into another elaborate list here, but that would be far too long, so if you want to know anything, just ask. Better yet, show me a screenshot of the build, and I'll tell you my opinion and why.

So, that's a basic summary of what I would do with those situations. UH, or any others, if you have any further questions or concerns with my maturity, please do post them, but don't if you've already said it before. This discussion was starting to get cyclical. If you don't have any more, I'd like to start discussing what I've just mentioned.

Update: Does anyone have anything to say? It's been eleven days since I posted this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:39:16 am by Wyboth »

HammondsBen :)

• The Building Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:11 am »
support

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »
This is out to all people who may make op apps: Right now, Mojang thinks they are funny to put Opticraft classic at the end by refreshing the list. So we pretty much need no operators, for we have no guests.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 07:10:59 pm »
This is out to all people who may make op apps: Right now, Mojang thinks they are funny to put Opticraft classic at the end by refreshing the list. So we pretty much need no operators, for we have no guests.
I wouldn't be so harsh against Mojang; I don't think they mean any harm to us. It's probably just scheduled maintenance. Although there are less of them, we still have guests, so we still need ops. Most of the time that I'm on, there are no ops on, and at least 1 guest. Personally, I think we should have at least 1 op on all of the time, but that's not possible. I'll at least fill one gap where there are no ops.

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:27 am »
Eh, yeah forget what I said I just haven't seen any guest's. You may have. And the Mojang thing was a joke ;)

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:03 am »
The Mojang thing was a joke ;)
I was wondering about that. :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:23:57 am by Wyboth »

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:33 pm »
More reasons that we need more ops, (no ops were on at the time);

(click to show/hide)

Hah. :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:47:41 pm by Coolcrab »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 04:20:42 pm »
Opti updated the list last night. Normally we'd have no guests and be at the end of the minecraft.net list. However, because of the update, we are now on top, causing loads of people to come online.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »
I just noticed.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 05:25:59 pm »
I just noticed.

You came too late to the party. We had loads more. XD