May 15, 2024, 01:52:05 am

Author Topic: Animal grief  (Read 3243 times)

piplupdude

• Piplupdude. Half-dude, Half - Piplup.
    • View Profile
Animal grief
« on: September 29, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »
My animals have been culled once and killed once. I Strongly believe that mods/ops should be able to respawn them. Or a plugin thats allows them to check animal history.

Me too?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Animal grief
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:18:00 pm »
Okay, find us a good plugin. One that can somehow track moving entities, revive them, AND revive them where they were when they died. Oh, dont forget how they died.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »
Unless we could get a plugin that does that, we cant. Otherwise just spawning animals for anyone who said they lost them would get outta control

piplupdude

• Piplupdude. Half-dude, Half - Piplup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 06:31:51 pm »
OK i'm sorry. I'm just mad my sheep were lost.

Me too?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 06:55:23 pm »
Sorry, I wasnt paying much attention when I wrote that, and said it a little bit harsher than I meant to. I know, it sucks, but you have to protect the animals better. Hide them underground and protect it or something. :/

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 07:05:18 pm »
It isn't against the rules to kill animals or any sort of NPCs. You can't actually OWN them, they aren't "Your sheep".

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:51 am »
It isn't against the rules to kill animals or any sort of NPCs. You can't actually OWN them, they aren't "Your sheep".

Griefing serves under the purpose of killing other player's animals/hostile mobs.

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 01:42:05 am »
I believe that PreciousStones update 9.1.2 allows you to protect animals inside fields.

http://wiki.sacredlabyrinth.net/index.php/Field_Flag_Reference#protect-animals

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 05:59:02 am »
I believe that PreciousStones update 9.1.2 allows you to protect animals inside fields.

http://wiki.sacredlabyrinth.net/index.php/Field_Flag_Reference#protect-animals
That's if you have protection stones. (not including the free coal ps)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 07:25:42 am »
You cannot kill dogs that have been tamed what keeps them this way, can it be used for passive mobs also?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 08:09:46 am »
No, you wont. Villagers are created by the server, there is nothing wrong with players killing them.
So you're saying there is no problem with me going over to drunz's village and killing every single NPC he has?
You would be a huge douche, but as long as you didnt break into the area, no, there is nothing wrong with doing that. Like I said, villagers are created by the server just like all the other animals. They aren't "Your villagers" they are "Villagers in your area"
Buut theyre also griefing/exploiting glitches to get in. Thats bannable all on its own.
Ya, that is what i said. Just killing villagers is fine.

As said by Nick, there is no problem with killing villagers or any sort of NPC's.
The only bannable offence is that if you owned the area (fencing the animals for example) and the griefer griefed to get in, than it is bannable.

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:05 am »
You know what would be cool if you could do a /cmodify lock on animals like on doors to mean only you can kill them.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:31 pm »
Many of these suggestions are better to be pointed towards the plugin developers themselves, as we can do nothing about this.

And please do not necropost.

• It's pretty obvious that we're not going to be logging animals, since that would make the server's internal memory go kaboom.
  • We're not going to be putting in a new type of precious stone-- we just have no room for that and it hasn't even been considered in the slightest.
  • Operators are not here to be automatic dispenseries for animal (or mob) farms-- we can happily repair a broken or borked spawner, but we're not going to spawn mobs for you.