May 29, 2024, 02:17:14 am

Author Topic: /home banning?  (Read 21908 times)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
Re: /home banning?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
I can see some things wrong with this. What If the player you banned from your home asks his/her friend to tp there and set their /home there?

IMO It should be more like /allowhome [player name] [home name] to allow players to tp to your home. That way it's defaulted to block everyones warp to yout home (except staff?)
Just had a great idea! Here we are:

/homepublic
/homeprivate
/homeallow
/homeban

^ just some ideas that could help :)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 05:45:02 pm »
I can see some things wrong with this. What If the player you banned from your home asks his/her friend to tp there and set their /home there?

IMO It should be more like /allowhome [player name] [home name] to allow players to tp to your home. That way it's defaulted to block everyones warp to yout home (except staff?)

And if you want a store? You have to allow every person on the server?
Also, why do staff need access to people's homes?

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 07:16:48 pm »

And if you want a store? You have to allow every person on the server?
Also, why do staff need access to people's homes?

Agree to both points, staff DONT NEED to have access to my home imo, i mean they can to anyways so......And if it is staff should be operators+ because even some mods i dont trust....although i dont have to worry because i have city protection and mods cant do anything anyways but still
I'm Back BABY!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »
Do keep in mind that we don't usually run into many deathtraps, but if there is one, it would be nice to be able to close off the /home point, move it, or even remove it.

I really doubt any of the staff members would mess around other people's homes unwarranted or without good reason-- it's not theirs to mess around with in the first place.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:59:29 pm »
Do keep in mind that we don't usually run into many deathtraps, but if there is one, it would be nice to be able to close off the /home point, move it, or even remove it.

I really doubt any of the staff members would mess around other people's homes unwarranted or without good reason-- it's not theirs to mess around with in the first place.
Good point there Xeadin, maybe for mods+, they can do this:

/home [playername] (banpublic) [sethome name]

It's also perfect whenever there's scams from other people's homes.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35:54 pm »
Alright, well cazual idc if they have that command but, i dont feel the need for mods the have access...IMO they dont have permission with city protection, this really is no dirrerence just on a smaller scale
I'm Back BABY!

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »
How about something simple, like /Lockhome and /openhome. Both are simple and general, also you can always have a door trap.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 11:16:52 pm »
Alright, well cazual idc if they have that command but, i dont feel the need for mods the have access...IMO they dont have permission with city protection, this really is no dirrerence just on a smaller scale

You do realize that not even Operators can bypass city protection, right?

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:42 pm »
Then /home allowall as well

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 12:06:04 am »
(except staff?)
I said it like this for a reason, I was just throwing out some ideas.

To me it sounds like this suggestion was made for security reasons; one doesn't like certain people entering their /home, and fair enough. We also lock our chests, furnaces, doors etc and can allow certain players access them. Mods+ can access everyones locked things, right? So why should staff not have access to all /homes, but have access to everyones locked chests?

Here's an example ontop of Xeadins: Say someone has made their way into your mob trap and has set their /home there for free use. One day you see this person using it and you suspect they did indeed set their home in yout farm.
Well don't bother telling a staff member about it, right? Because we can't tp to peoples homes. I guess we'll have to let that person off, sorry!

There's a lot of pros and cons with all out ideas, and if we can't all come to an agreement and something that works, then this shouldn't really be implemented.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:13 am »
Can't you just put LWC'ed doors around your /home?  :P

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 12:25:24 am »
I like this idea. I keep having random people (half the time they are griefers) camo to my /home, and it gets REALLY ANOYING having these jerks running around my town thinking its funny to destroy stuff and place it somewhere else. And, yes, that HAS happened before, MANY TIMES.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 01:28:52 am »

That and furnaces, might not be pretty but, how often do u really spend in your house?
I'm Back BABY!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 01:32:37 am »

That and furnaces, might not be pretty but, how often do u really spend in your house?

Very.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:23 am »

You have no idea :P