May 02, 2024, 06:14:59 am

Author Topic: Classic World  (Read 4844 times)

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 07:31:47 pm »
I never said we were giving up on it. We are just not focused on it anymore and that will not change in the future.
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

TL;DR: you give Classic 0 attention now + no more in the future = You HAVE given up on it.
Oh I dont give classic any attention? I guess ill stop making news worlds. Thanks for letting me know.
Like that spleef world you still haven't made?  I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't appreciate your dancing around the facts.
All your mine are belong to me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
I never said we were giving up on it. We are just not focused on it anymore and that will not change in the future.
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

TL;DR: you give Classic 0 attention now + no more in the future = You HAVE given up on it.
Oh I dont give classic any attention? I guess ill stop making news worlds. Thanks for letting me know.
Like that spleef world you still haven't made?  I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't appreciate your dancing around the facts.
Oh you mean the spleef world that I made that you let sit empty for months? That spleef world? Why in the world should I make another one for you when you had your chance? It's not my fault you blew your chance. Trust goes a long way and you destroyed my trust in you.

What we are doing now is what we will continue to do. If you ever thought classic would suddenly get tons of attention again i dont know what to say to that. It is obvious we have moved onto smp, im sorry if that upsets you but if you cant accept that then you are free to leave.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:13:43 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Classic World
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

Like that spleef world you still haven't made?  I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't appreciate your dancing around the facts.
Oh you mean the spleef world that I made that you let sit empty for months? That spleef world? Why in the world should I make another one for you when you had your chance? It's not my fault you blew your chance. Trust goes a long way and you destroyed my trust in you.

What we are doing now is what we will continue to do. If you ever thought classic would suddenly get tons of attention again i dont know what to say to that. It is obvious we have moved onto smp, im sorry if that upsets you but if you cant accept that then you are free to leave.
So basically, you hadn't given up on Classic, but you've moved on to SMP? Contradiction.
Don't give up. While not many new players are joining, ranked players are still active. Don't let them down.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 08:56:23 pm »
And also, the Spleef Arena Contest has been over since July 9, so the world wouldn't remain vacant for months like before where the contest was still taking place and arenas were still being made.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 09:39:10 pm »
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

Like that spleef world you still haven't made?  I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't appreciate your dancing around the facts.

Couple things:
#1 I don't want to argue, that wasn't my intention.  I just want you to be straight up about the facts.
#2 I agree that it was dumb of me to ask for the world before I had stuff to put in it, but that doesn't even come close to "destroying trust".  No one built in it, no one abused it.  All it did was stay vacant.  Yes, that's not a good thing, but that's not nearly as bad as your language suggests.
#3 We talked about it after you deleted the world like civilized people.  You expressed your discontent, I apologized sincerely, and offered a compromise.  AFTER the competition was done and I guaranteed that I had arenas to place, then you would give us another spleef world, provided it was used immediately and as intended.  You DID agree to this.  To just change your mind later...is rather disappointing.  You could have at least replied to my PM and tell something.
Finally, #4, We're not expecting the same attention Classic once had, or even equal with SMP, or whatever.  All we're asking is that you at least do a little housekeeping every now and then.

I will say this, though, that I do appreciate you coming on to create new worlds.  That is an important task, and I take back what I said about "zero" attention.  My point about your wording is still valid, though.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 12:14:06 am »
You're all not nick, you don't think what he thinks, you don't do what he does, you can't say what he thinks, you can't say what he does.

Yes, classic has lost attention, but it still has some thanks to nick, appreciate what he does or don't have it at all.

---><--- Click the monkey

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »

Couple things:
#1 I don't want to argue, that wasn't my intention.  I just want you to be straight up about the facts.
#2 I agree that it was dumb of me to ask for the world before I had stuff to put in it, but that doesn't even come close to "destroying trust".  No one built in it, no one abused it.  All it did was stay vacant.  Yes, that's not a good thing, but that's not nearly as bad as your language suggests.
#3 We talked about it after you deleted the world like civilized people.  You expressed your discontent, I apologized sincerely, and offered a compromise.  AFTER the competition was done and I guaranteed that I had arenas to place, then you would give us another spleef world, provided it was used immediately and as intended.  You DID agree to this.  To just change your mind later...is rather disappointing.  You could have at least replied to my PM and tell something.
Finally, #4, We're not expecting the same attention Classic once had, or even equal with SMP, or whatever.  All we're asking is that you at least do a little housekeeping every now and then.

I will say this, though, that I do appreciate you coming on to create new worlds.  That is an important task, and I take back what I said about "zero" attention.  My point about your wording is still valid, though.

Please Nick, give a new Spleef world another chance.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:39:54 pm by UnknownHedgehog »

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Classic World
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 07:25:30 pm »
You're all not nick, you don't think what he thinks, you don't do what he does, you can't say what he thinks, you can't say what he does.

Yes, classic has lost attention, but it still has some thanks to nick, appreciate what he does or don't have it at all.
Classic would still run without him, it would just be very boring because nobody could be ranked op and there would be no new worlds (besides guest). And if he chooses to do that, he is not doing his duties as an admin.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »
Please guys, I don't want to have to lock this thread.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Classic World
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 08:28:57 pm »
WOW you infuriate me so much some times, like really you have no respect for anyone.

Opti chose Nick as an admin as he was the best candidate for the job which he obviously is and what your saying is that Nick is clearly not. Its funny as Nick does help classic and SMP but you are just so blind to see what he does.

When you become a staff you see more about the server, like how its run. You get to understand what is needed and what is not, however are not a staff you are just a recruit which is very active on the forums. Nick has to deal with a lot more that you could ever imagination but yet you criticise him over his decisions.

Everyone can clearly see that Classic needs no real over-watching-eye to keep it running as its runs 90% on its own, but you keep thinking it needs an admin online all the time. However an admin is only needed on it when creating a new world. Ops can sort out every other problem with arises, as they undo actions and ban people; they even help give advice. You keep asking for help on classic because you can only play classic as you haven't bought Minecraft but tell me, would you be so eager to keep classic so good if you could play where 95% of the server plays? Presumably No. Also I would like to know if  classic was to end, would you leave Opticraft or actually buy minecraft so carry on playing? Because trust me there isn't a Classic server left like Opticraft.

It leads me to think, are you wanting Opticraft to remain a great classic server, or are you wanting the server you play on be great?

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Classic World
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »
gotta love them ranks

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved these to a different topic
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:37:04 pm by iGenerator »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Classic World
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:26 pm »
This got way off-topic, so I split it off.  Plus, I'd rather not have to lock it, like DK said.  I don't want arguing.  Respectful debate is what we're aiming for.

Anyways, my two concerns right now are this:

#1 - I asked for a spleef world a while back, and Nick was very generous in giving us one.  I was stupid, though, and left it "fallow" while the competition went on.  Yes, that wasn't the best course of action, but I don't think that was "destroying his trust".  Either way, Nick took down the world, which was his right. I talked to him after that, apologized for wasting the world, and we worked out a compromise. AFTER I got the arenas ready, then he would give us another world, and we would immediately set it up for the Spleef Leagues.
Now the competition has ended, and Nick hasn't replied to any of my PMs or messages on IRC asking about the world.  To me, I feel like he's backed out of his agreement.  That's my concern right now.

#2 - Most of the SMP staff (not just Nick) seem to think that I'm asking for the admins to give 50% of their time to Classic.  That's not the case.  All I'm asking is for them to spare time every now and then when we need it.  Right now, we need admins for the Spleef world, and for operator apps. The entirety of those tasks would take maybe half an hour to an hour.
I will say again though, that I am very appreciative of Nick coming on to make new recruit/builder worlds.

Please, keep the Nick-bashing out of this thread.  It's disrespectful, unproductive, and accomplishes nothing except infuriating the Poisonous Shark, which probably isn't the best idea. ;)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »
I'd just like to point out that a lot of people actually find SMP through Classic.
Well, at least it was like that in my case.

Just keeping it up and running will get more to go to SMP than you'd think.
I mean, if your classic server sucks (Which it doesn't, this is just an example) and you're advertising an SMP server, why even try it?

As for Shark's reply talking about having or not having Minecraft-Using Classic vs. SMP-I do not own Minecraft, so yes, that's the main reason I choose classic over SMP.
However, I do have access to a Minecraft account and if classic were to close (if I still played) I wouldn't go to SMP. Some people don't enjoy it as much.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »
I say the system we have right now is near perfect, nick does a fine job updating the worlds and other such things. I kind of agree with his decision to wait for more guests to start giving out op. Also with the whole smp vs. classic debate I would say smp in definition sounds pretty fun. I have been playing minecraft (cracked) for a few months now and really enjoy it, classic is boring to a lot of people because it simply wont be updated any more. There is no need to complain about the way things are. When mojang took classic off the home page that was basically the end to a regular schedule and we all know it.  I figured something along the lines of this would happen.

Also I do think we should get a second chance on the spleef world, I say you give us a chance. If we fail to supply a good outcome then so be it, you can delete the world and drop trust in us. No harm done at the end of the day.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »
To everyone who thinks that I'm trying to berate nick, I'm not, I'm just voicing my discontent with his decisions. If I was "Nick-bashing," I would be attacking him directly. If he or anyone else took it personally, I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. I just disagree with him and am expressing my opinion.
End of argument. If this keeps going, xDeeKay will lock the topic.