May 06, 2024, 10:10:05 am

Author Topic: Makin a gold farm And I need you!  (Read 8141 times)

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
Re: Makin a gold farm And I need you!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 09:55:28 am »
Thanks for reading so lets cut to the point! I am making a gold farm with bosco007/fallendrops and I need you to Donate Obsidian! Now If you donate 25 stacks of Obsidian you will get access to this magical farm but you must work for it! Thanks for reading this and I hope to get some of the blackish-purpleish stuff! Have a good one and I will see you In Game! msg me if you want to donate! You can donate at time to time to get access! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :D ;D ::) ::) ::)

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:27 pm »
dont forget that mobs dont walk if you are more then 32 blocks away from them.

true, BUT! those in 128 blocks, when spawned they move for exactly 5 seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwUJlrCNFs

the more you know!

maybe a little bit outdated?? its 1 year old, mob behavior changed a lot since then

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 11:39:00 pm »

the more you know!
no i checked on creative when a mob spawns it moves 5 blocks

maybe a little bit outdated?? its 1 year old, mob behavior changed a lot since then

FallenDrops

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 11:45:53 pm »

the more you know!

I confirmed it in creative mode myself =D

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 05:55:53 am »
i have a gold farm too, if you go too far away, they will move a short amount of time and not all pigmen will fall dowm, more like 1/3 will fall down. the cost of all the obsid is way higher then the extra profit from the farm.

+ you guys are using just 5 double chests, that amount of portals fits in a 64*64*64 with ease.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:35 pm »
My gold farm in the works holds 11 by 25 portals. It is 3 layers of portals high for a total of 825 portals. I plan on having no less than 11 layers of portals which will be 3025 portals. I might do more than that, but at the moment 3025 sounds like a good number. Note I'm not talking block dimensions, I'm talking about the number of actual portals.

Best griefer name ^

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 04:53:51 am »
I am making a gold farm as well :P so far it is 18x18 portals and requires like 37 stacks of obsidian per layer and 20 stacks on the bottom, it gives a decent 648 portals per layer and i just finished the 6th layer, but in my storages, i have about 2.5 doublechests of obby, so i am going to put 4 more layers in the near future, it gives me a decent 200 pigmen per AFK kick  :P and mine has an autokill/manual kill flip switch. on the autokill, Kascas reported 20 ingots/hour, but for some reason, when i do the manual kill with looting 3 i get like 48 ingots every AFK kick, but the downside is that my storages get flooded with gold swords. plus 200 pigmen is bound to give you at least one 0->30. once i plow through the obsidian i have it will be at about 6,400 portals.
===========<WARNING: TANGENT>===========
Also, the server difficulty is Easy, so you would normally get 1/3 of the mobs that you see in gold farm videos, plus the fact that less than half the pigmen actually fall down (unless you have manual kill, which causes a bit more cause then all the pigmen within a 32 meter xz distance (no y limit) to chase you, and angry pigmen chase the player in exact direction, and will fall into any traps along the way), also the nerfed spawn rates, of which i assume affect zombie pigmen in portals, however i am not entirely sure. Also each portal, when ticked, it will generate a number from 0 to 2000 and if the portal picks a number that is less than the difficulty level (0=peaceful;1=easy;2=normal;3=hard) then a pigmen spawns in the portal, and the reduced spawn rates (if they exist) change the number from 2000 to like 5000 or something. and Tiggy26668 is most definitely right. a decent gold farm has over 3,000 portals, for this type of spawning is governed by experimental probability which allows it to draw any number from 1 to 5,000 several times before choosing 0. (trying to get back to the topic) so what i am saying is, you should make your farm manual kill, but if things get out of hand, let there be a way to kill the pigmen really fast. also, do note, Zombie Pigmen can take damage from the edge of other portals (nothing i know that can prevent that), as well as trapdoors, so keep your trapdoor patterns consistent to help you out with this.

Also: (aside to Gogar72 and Bosco007) you should make it to where the access fee goes up per person who gives you obsidian for access, thats what i did, and i only say this b/c the more layers you have on it, the more money that can be made from it, and the more it should cost to get in.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 07:37:15 am »
Wow thanks for the info!