May 18, 2024, 09:25:49 pm

Author Topic: chest shops  (Read 2539 times)

eliasdemetriou

• View Profile
chest shops
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:11 am »
hello there, i would like to suggest a brilliant idea that would allow us to get more involved with each other by using chest shops. This allows players to make their own little shops and make money. I think this is a good idea and please take this in hand.

Thank you

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
Re: chest shops
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
This has been suggested SOO many times it isn't funny!
2 things, there is a little search bar up the top
or you can go through the suggestions to find one.
The answer is usually players should set up their own shops, if they wish to have other players along with them it is completely fine. If they wish to have a area to build their shops, they're more than welcome.
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:53:58 am »
When the server was just a little baby Chest shops was considered.

But there was one thing Nick was concerned about. He had seen other servers similar to ours which have chest shops but it looked horrible. There was chests + grief all around spawn, it was worst that around our guest spawn.

He was thinking of a way that it could be implemented without it becoming it becoming a spamming/griefing tool.

That was the last I heard about this idea. I do like the idea but I would want it so they can only be made in a "chest shop market"

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:07 pm »
Make a shopping center in spawn where players rent for shops in the shopping center, the player can only edit he signs assigned to him and put stuff in the chest, hence no grief =)
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:51:05 pm »
OR...

There's the solution that I proposed in a previous thread that would probably work...

No free chest shops. Player must donate 10 bucks for a chest shop for as many chest shops as the player wants. So, if I donated $20 bucks then I would get two chest shops to setup.

Not enough players would donate real money, so there wouldn't be an issue with spam, and grief.

Best griefer name ^

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:09:48 pm »
I've been on a server with chest shops and it worked smoothly.  The chest market was protected so it couldn't be griefed. 

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:49:29 pm »
I honestly don't like chest shops. I always buy when I want to sell :-X but I think you should only be allowed to put a chest shop in your protection stone if you did this.

iTz_Smurf

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »
I think the market that we have now works completely fine. Things have been removed to create an even economy, such as the melons and pumpkins. The Opticraft staff knows what works best, as arsenic_shark said that Nick went to see how other markets look. I realize a change may be nice, but everything is going fine right now.

Thought I'd pitch in my two cents.