May 15, 2024, 02:04:35 am

Author Topic: Newbie Opticraft Love.  (Read 3865 times)

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
Newbie Opticraft Love.
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:52:09 am »
Hello to the world of Opticraft!  It's been a pleasure so far to be a part of this server.  After the fall of Lego Universe, me and my Lego refugees have been spread across the internets in search of a fitting place to rebuild.  Once I checked out the Opticraft server, I felt like I'd found a place for us to re-connect.  As we start to move in, we're really digging it and are super pleased to be a part of the community.  So I guess I'm just here to introduce us and "meet the neighbors".   ;D

So hello and how ya doin' from:

MephistOscrales

LUchamo

loganlion

AquaMarine

and the special celebrity, non-Lego addition of... B1ueJ0ker and his brother DustinGibson!

See ya in the Optiverse!!!
                                      Mep  8)
Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime?  Doubly so.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Opticraft Love.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:53:07 am »
I hope you have fun! Also, I think this could be moved to introductions, but thats a mods call!

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:04:57 am »
Lol.  Yeah that's probably more appropriate...  Guess I should pay more attention to thread categories.   ???

iTz_Smurf

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:16 am »
Welcome to an awesome server!  ;D I reccomend that all of you build in the member world, via /warp memberworld. That will prevent most greifing. If you ever need any help, I'd be glad to assist you along with all of the Opticraft Staff members. (Moderators, Operators, and Admins).

Happy Building!

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:38 am »
Thanks Smurf!  We may move there eventually, but B1ueJ0ker and I are already so far into our builds that abandoning them now feels almost impossible.   ::)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 03:23:35 am »
Welcome to Opticraft! Being a LEGO Entrepreneur myself a while ago, I think you'll fit in just fine :)

Oh, and...

To Introductions ;D

Just be sure to familiarize yourselves with our Classic/ Forum and SMP Server rules. We also have Mumble and IRC services, so feel free to check those out as well :)

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 04:47:16 am »
Thanks Xeadin.  I'm definitely enjoying the server.  All brushed up on the rules.  Now if I can just remember the commands without having to lok them up.   :P

So I can hook up a headset and use mumble on this server?  I'll have to figure that one out.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:57 am »
A headset is nice to have since we won't have to hear ourselves speak from the other end nor will it create any annoying feedback. It's not required, but as long as we can hear you or see your texts, you're more than welcome to join :)

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:21 am »
Well perhaps once I'm finished building on the smp server I'll check out mumble too!

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:54 am »
Ah yes Lego Universe. I once played on that, never bought the premium so got to level 20 and kinda stopped playing. Im interested in what happened to it now. :P

I think you will find this place great as it has a really good community which you will love. The mumble is great for when your building as you can talk to other server members rather then having to stop building and type out in chat so I would recommend you try it out sooner rather than later.

Anyway Welcome to the server, hope you have a brilliant time here. :D

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:44 am »
Welcome to opticraft, if you ever need operator assistance in game feel free to ask me. :)

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:34 pm »
Well Shark,  I was premium from the get go on LU.  Absolutely LOVED that game, but alas, the Maelstrom took over.  There just weren't enough folks putting money into it, and there wasn't even an option for those of us that did to dump more into it than the monthly fee.  Between staff and servers, money just wasn't there.  LEGO stopped the game after keeping it up and taking the hit for a while.  Even left it up for us to play for a month after it closed and showed us all the cool stuff that was still in development.  It really fractured the community, and Minecraft has largely taken it's place, but we're spread all over the many, many MC servers that are available.

I'm interested in the mumble server for sure, but it's a different world right?  So I would have to abandon the build I'm on?

500 Thank you for the warm welcome, and Xeadin, thanks for helping with the membership issue!  I'll be on again today, so hopefully we can fix me up.   ;D

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »
Mumble is a voice chat, completely different software. Not associated with Minecraft at all.

MephistOscrales

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »
So it's not a separate world?  Works on the smp server?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
This is Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/

It's a voice chat client that enables you to talk to other people in real-time. It's mostly used by video gaming servers (like this one).

And yes, it is free to use.

To connect to Opticraft's Mumble server:

Address: mumble.opticraft.net
Port: 64738 (default)