May 11, 2024, 12:12:47 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft, the writer friendly server  (Read 3867 times)

ogMolton

• View Profile
Opticraft, the writer friendly server
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:22 am »
hello, I'm thinking we should implement a program where mods oversee a written book duplicator.  People could bring their books to somewhere to be duplicated and for a small price they can have copies of their books made that they could then hand out to people or give to libraries.  This way long books can be written and read freely without worrying about written book related greif. 

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Opticraft, the writer friendly server
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »
Supported. All. The. Way. C:

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:59:56 pm »
Good friend built a library ages ago near my house, supported! :D price could be 50-100$
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:34 pm »
That sounds like a mighty fine idea! But... Where do we get the duplicator? For now, maybe just copy off just from eye?
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:21:40 am »
Better idea, hide book duplicator in moderator lounge or use a duplicating command which only allows duplication of written books. Even better, make a signed book duplicator in the market! 70$ each.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:25:09 am »
I like this idea, but I do not like its potential.

If there is ANY kind of duplicator whatsoever, then that also means the exact same duplicator through a yet-to-be-seen exploit could be used to duplicate, say, diamond blocks, or emerald blocks.

I haven't tried writing any books, but does Minecraft's interface allow for Ctrl+V? If so then write your story in Notepad, and then copy the text, and paste into all of your books. It wouldn't take too long to do I'm sure.

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:29:01 am »
Believe ctrl+V works on certain things, but I remember trying to paste a server address a long time ago without success so yeah. Not sure.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
I support this, also you never know if you accidently drop your book and it erases.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »
The only problem with an actual book duplicator would be the coding required to implement it "legally"...  You would have to have a window that opens up and allows you to put a book (to be duplicated) in one slot and a book (to be written to) in another slot.  For that to happen you would have to create a plugin that all players would have to use.  Not gonna happen...

Then again, if you want something that will just make a copy of your book and spit out a duplicate I can guarantee you that Opti probably won't let that happen either.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:54 am »
I thought that mods would be able to use duplicators with some of their special permissions or something, so they could do the duplicating, but are you saying the duplicator bug is fixed in opticraft so even mods cant use it?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:39 pm »
Duplicator "bug" is an exploit, which I believe has been fixed by Opti, but if anyone is found using it (especially Mods) you get banned permanently.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 04:59:20 pm »
so Opti can audit the server for duplicator action huh?  That sounds like a perfect way to keep this under control, i assume Opti can tell what was duplicated, and mods are trustworthy enough and at least got a lot to lose.  I get the feeling books cause lag or something the way villagers will trade an emerald for a written book, practically asking for dumb kids to destroy hard work.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 05:54:02 pm »
He doesn't need to audit the server for it.  When a duplication issue is found it's patched so it doesn't work anymore.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!