June 16, 2024, 01:06:15 am

Author Topic: The Spleefing Cups  (Read 2822 times)

BarbedHierodule

• View Profile
The Spleefing Cups
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »
The spleefing cups are to be a series of spleefing tournaments hosted by BarbedHierodule and YangusTheGreat, each cup will have heats in which spleefers battle it out to get to the next heat. To enter post here and pay BarbedHierodule (me) in game when talking to me. The cups will be held at my home.

The first cup is The Wooden Cup. It costs 10 to enter and the prize for winning is the total of all the entry fees and the cup (a wooden shovel). Winning the Wooden Cup will get you free access to the next tournament (The Stone Cup).

The first heat will start on Wednesday morning at 11:30 GMT (if you don't know your GMT look on the internet, for america this will probably be in the afternoon).

Players so far: hotshotbuckiv, waddlaswe, pensfan121, Larkosaurus, YangusTheGreat, Radlam, Boshiwarrior, Mrtage100
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:05:12 pm by BarbedHierodule »
What if a Rabbit ate the world? Then what if that Rabbit became the world and we all live in its belly the sky being the edge of Rabbit's belly and the nether its Vicious claws.

Wait how does that make any sense?

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
Re: The Spleefing Cups
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:06 pm »
Just to note:
There will be a different cup for every different type of shovel. Thats Wood, Stone, Iron, Gold, Diamond, and the extra for hardcore spleefers... Obsidian.
We are not sure on the exact entry fees of each of the events, but the order of value is:
Wood < Stone < Iron < Gold < Diamond < Obsidian

The Obsidian cup is risky, If you fall, you and your stuff gets burned in lava, so think twice about entering, however this will be the event with the largest entry fee and prize!

So the more people that enter, the better the prize!
Depending on how many people enter, we many need to make additional stadiums, so the games may be delayed.

We will also need staff members, to organise the heats, starting the games, declaring who wins, so feel free to ask for a job here.

Last note, could this please be moved to suggestions, as a possible event?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:50:10 am by YangusTheGreat »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:39:26 am »
Guys, you can't have the stuff and the player fall in lava. That is considered a death trap.

Sorry, but at least we caught it before it was too late
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:50:03 am »
Guys, you can't have the stuff and the player fall in lava. That is considered a death trap.

Sorry, but at least we caught it before it was too late

i don't consider that a death trap as long as the involved players understand the risk and an innocent player can't accidentally fall in.

death "trap" kind of implies that the killed player was unaware that their death was coming. this is not a trap by any means.

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:49 am »
I would like to enter.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 04:55:04 am »
Count me in!

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:02:13 am »
Me too! :D
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:32 am »

BarbedHierodule

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:03 am »
The cup is over! The Winner is YangusTheGreat. He gets free entry to the next round.

I am sorry but those who didnt turn up will not be refunded their entry fee. I am dissapointed that a lot of people didnt turn up, but i suppose the next cup with higher stakes, (an entry fee of $50) people will make more of an effort to turn up.

Please lock this.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:47:20 am by BarbedHierodule »
What if a Rabbit ate the world? Then what if that Rabbit became the world and we all live in its belly the sky being the edge of Rabbit's belly and the nether its Vicious claws.

Wait how does that make any sense?