May 14, 2024, 11:12:00 am

Author Topic: Redstone triggered, looping lukeboxes with bukkit plugin  (Read 2185 times)

ogMolton

• View Profile
Redstone triggered, looping lukeboxes with bukkit plugin
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:55:27 am »
hello, i saw this website with a plugin im not sure if we can use that would allow jukeboxes to be triggered by lever, detector rail, etc.  This would be excellent for certain types of projects, what are the chances of bing able to impliment this?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/redstonejukeboxtrig/

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Redstone triggered, looping lukeboxes with bukkit plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »
Very low. This would not be at high priority. Even so, this could cause quite a bit of lag because of how it would have to loop the disc over and over while the redstone signal is on. People tend to forget to turn their stuff off quite often, and that adds up quickly!

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:52:21 am »
then what about modifying it so it just plays once?

sparrwkt

• I eat fingernails for breakfast. Ehh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »
I agree with Xeadin, it would lag, and what purpose does it really serve anyways? i know that you can trigger the jukebox with rs, but i dont see any practical uses for it

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 02:58:53 pm »
When we're deciding on what mods to add to the server, we have to think in terms of, "Does the particular mod/plugin have more than one benefit or use?"

This plugin only serves one purpose-- it affects jukeboxes, and not everyone uses jukeboxes all the time.

then what about modifying it so it just plays once?

That is how all jukeboxes are set up, so I don't see any real use for this plugin to begin with.

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:04:39 am »
ok, what about the Opticalza Temple? what if a tripwire inside the hallway before the buttons activated a jukebox, a one time start music command can't cause that much lag, can it?  It would be the logical use for these jukeboxes imo, that way certain areas can have music associated to them.  I personally want to have a detector rail turn on a jukebox in my underground village area.   I really don't see how a one time turn music on trigger would cause lag, its obvious the server has nothing to do with the music playing except for triggering the start of the music, i determined that during mega lag times, the only thing that worked right was the damn music playback from the jukebox, why can that not be done with redstone?  

The only potential issue i see is if a new person comes in and trips the wire, what will happen to the other players that have already gone through?  Is music playback activation done per player or per area?  I suppose if it is activated per area you could just have a bit of code to detect if the jukebox is already playing or not.

atmosphere is always important in video gaming
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:06:24 am by ogMolton »