May 01, 2024, 11:48:51 pm

Poll

Do you think using Spritecraft and/or GIMP is "cheating" when making pixel art/sprites?

Yes, using either one is "cheating".
2 (9.1%)
Spritecraft is, but GIMP is not.
3 (13.6%)
GIMP is, but Spritecraft is not.
0 (0%)
No, using either one is not "cheating".
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Do you think using Spritecraft and/or GIMP is "cheating"?  (Read 6732 times)

turtleman918

Re: Do you think using Spritecraft and/or GIMP is "cheating"?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:37:23 pm »
That fact is people dont get ranked for sprites so even if they do "cheat" they gain nothing.

You, sir, are misinformed. We don't rank for 8-bits, somehow somewhere along the line people managed to change that into we dont rank for any sprites at all period. Its like playing telephone in the schoolyard, someone says one thing, and it becomes something different.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:15 pm »
That fact is people dont get ranked for sprites so even if they do "cheat" they gain nothing.

You, sir, are misinformed. We don't rank for 8-bits, somehow somewhere along the line people managed to change that into we dont rank for any sprites at all period. Its like playing telephone in the schoolyard, someone says one thing, and it becomes something different.
Thank you so much. ZeroZeroOneNine and several other ops have simply refused to even look at my sprites simply because of their misinformation. If SoulKnightGT was misled by that as well, then I would request that someone re-evaluate my builder app.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »
Oh lord, when I saw this topic, I could of sworn that Wyboth posted it.

I agree with many others, it is only cheating if you use a program to place the blocks for you.

And yes, Spritecraft sucks in classic.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:28:47 am »
I so badly want to post here... but gavin said he would give me a one week forum ban if I posted anything about GIMP- OH SHIT I SAID IT!

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 01:55:23 am »
I so badly want to post here... but gavin said he would give me a one week forum ban if I posted anything about GIMP- OH SHIT I SAID IT!
wyboth stop being so whiny.....I will ban you. i am serious -_-

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 03:04:12 am »
gavin that would be a misuse of poweres he has right to state his opinon and if he wants to make a topic about it fine only if it turns into a flame war do you ban the parties responsible

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 12:20:48 pm »
gavin that would be a misuse of poweres he has right to state his opinon and if he wants to make a topic about it fine only if it turns into a flame war do you ban the parties responsible
He is abusing his rights. He uses every possible way to talk about gimp being evil. Even when the conversation has nothing todo with it he manages to start arguments about it. It Is not only me that feels this way, there are other staff members and high ranks that believe he has taken this too far

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 02:29:35 am »
He is abusing his rights. He uses every possible way to talk about gimp being evil. Even when the conversation has nothing todo with it he manages to start arguments about it. It Is not only me that feels this way, there are other staff members and high ranks that believe he has taken this too far
Just saying now, this issue has been resolved.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:35 am »
Just saying now, this issue has been resolved.

What issue?