May 15, 2024, 08:06:29 am

Author Topic: Protection for Animals  (Read 10021 times)

Pew1998

• View Profile
Re: Protection for Animals
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 01:19:49 am »
Lol, I didnt even know about this topic.

Tell me then how Pew's Villagers has been killed. It was fully protected, an Iron Door trap for the sethome, and 3 owners that watched over it.

They could have abused the /back command. It tends to glitch. Or maybe just user enderpearls.
I got a three level floor filled with so many animals all slaughtered by someone. I thought it was grief proof, but alas, griefers always find a way. I would enjoy having a sort of mob protection.
This is the only thing we came up with that might have happoned to the villagers. That or a op+ came in and did a /kill all for animals, but I know they wouldnt do that.

Good news people, we now have more villagers because a friend that we gave a few to a while back gave us some. A big thanks goes out to alec for the villagers.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 01:25:33 am »
Dude I was gonna give you villagers, but then I saw that someone already gave you a couple.

Well, if you want I can develop a full-proof villager storage that can hold a couple villagers in the event of an emergency. It's /back - proof, and with the protection stone it can't be destroyed.

Also, I understand a lot of you will hate me for bringing up this idea, buuuuut:

The way I see it is the fact people can kill your animals inside the protected area brings up a whole new dynamic to the game. It changes the way you build stuff. For example, I plan on selling lots inside of my npc village when 1.3 comes out, and at the same time I have a system where if someone kills all the NPCs I can just fix the village in a matter of minutes. As I said, it kinda brings a new dynamic to the game. You really have to work at protecting your valuables.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:29:13 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 08:05:51 am »
Good news people, we now have more villagers because a friend that we gave a few to a while back gave us some. A big thanks goes out to alec for the villagers.

Good for you. If it ever happens again, according to d00m, you and I live close by, so I got you covered. :)

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 11:54:36 am »
Dude I was gonna give you villagers, but then I saw that someone already gave you a couple.

Well, if you want I can develop a full-proof villager storage that can hold a couple villagers in the event of an emergency. It's /back - proof, and with the protection stone it can't be destroyed.

Also, I understand a lot of you will hate me for bringing up this idea, buuuuut:

The way I see it is the fact people can kill your animals inside the protected area brings up a whole new dynamic to the game. It changes the way you build stuff. For example, I plan on selling lots inside of my npc village when 1.3 comes out, and at the same time I have a system where if someone kills all the NPCs I can just fix the village in a matter of minutes. As I said, it kinda brings a new dynamic to the game. You really have to work at protecting your valuables.

Good for you. If it ever happens again, according to d00m, you and I live close by, so I got you covered. :)

Thanks. With the help of chief and the back up of josh, we have an almost secure village. I say almost because they can ender pearl in. Normally they would sufficate, but with that turned off, they can find breaks in the wall. But again, thank you.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 11:59:17 am »
Guys as u know pew village got **** I then with pew requested a 2 villagers from a friend, I transported it back and afked that for them to breed, and as pew said we r prospering....
Then today when we got on all the villagers were dead again, we searched through the village and found3lonely survival at each corner of the village... I then sent them into a tiny room for better breeding. I afked long enough that now we have 100+ villager, I added new security safeguards, which I am not revealing.

Maybe this can be used like a diamond ps and it will cost 100k due to its added effect and of course he size will be doubled...

It must ensure only villagers and non hostile animals get protected, as if all mobs get protected, it won't be helpful if a blaze got god mode :/
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 04:38:09 pm »
I am necromancing/bumping this topic. PreciousStones has now an update that you can use a block (Sponge in the link) that you protect Animals! Would it not be awusome to have that?  Now we only need a price and how big it is. I think a price like 100K or 75K would be very nice, so that not everyone can buy it. Most people can't even buy a Diamond PS but this isn't just something. You can rollback Blocks, not animals. I know OPs can do it. But they don't do it (without a very special reason).
EDIT: Forgot to add the link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/preciousstones/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:50:51 pm by Boshiwarrior »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »
Boshi, the update just has flags that you can apply to any block, or in this case the current pstones. We would not need a whole new pstone when you can just add this animal protection flags to the current ones.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »
Boshi, the update just has flags that you can apply to any block, or in this case the current pstones. We would not need a whole new pstone when you can just add this animal protection flags to the current ones.
Oh thanks for the information. I am not good how those Plugins works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 05:34:49 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with this. We can use the updated version, right?

flounder7493

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 03:56:06 am »
Boshi I think that is a very good idea.   8)

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 02:03:26 am »
Indeed a great idea. Sorry for necroposting.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

bowlby43

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »
that is the most ridiculous idea. >:(

Wolf

• Go For Diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »
I dont like the idea. I am with bowlby43 on this one.
Go OPTICRAFT!

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 02:30:20 am »
I dont like the idea. I am with bowlby43 on this one.
Why don't you like the idea of protecting animals?

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 03:17:16 am »
I don't see no reason for this to be implemented unless they were to be used inappropriately.
This is just a simple config change for optical to do, however there are some cons to this.

• Won't protect villagers
  • Won't protect iron golems

Code: [Select]
protect-mobs: true
protect-animals: true

There is more to this, but this is just the flags that can be toggled to use for the protection.