May 15, 2024, 01:34:00 am

Author Topic: New forms of auctions  (Read 2592 times)

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
New forms of auctions
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:20:17 am »
On some other servers I have seen some cool plugins that allow users to put things up for auctions all through the server.

1. Was the online mailbox, the plugin would let a user make an auction on the forum and the winner of the auction would go to the spawn of the server to make his payments and get his items through a a thing called auction mailbox, this would make auctions so much easier.

2. The other plugin I saw was a plugin that enabled the user to hold a live auction and have peoe bid through commands as well as payment and recieving the item.

I think 1 or 2 of these plugins would be awesome and should be put in opticraft
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
Re: New forms of auctions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:23:11 am »
That is a cool idea. I really Like the Second Suggestion :D

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:14:05 am »
On some other servers I have seen some cool plugins that allow users to put things up for auctions all through the server.

1. Was the online mailbox, the plugin would let a user make an auction on the forum and the winner of the auction would go to the spawn of the server to make his payments and get his items through a a thing called auction mailbox, this would make auctions so much easier.

2. The other plugin I saw was a plugin that enabled the user to hold a live auction and have peoe bid through commands as well as payment and recieving the item.

Thanks for the suggestions, but this is just my say:

This server is a Survival Multi-Player gamemode, it is not a shopping server. You do not need additional commands to sell something that is worth from dirt - diamond.
Most servers are somewhat the same with plugins as similar as those, having the chat spammed with countless announcements by users, which I assume suggestion 2 does.
Just stick to using the auction house, it does a pretty good job.

Besides that, we are working on something bigger at the moment.

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:32 am »
Ohhh! Something Bigger...
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:04:52 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, but this is just my say:

This server is a Survival Multi-Player gamemode, it is not a shopping server. You do not need additional commands to sell something that is worth from dirt - diamond.
Most servers are somewhat the same with plugins as similar as those, having the chat spammed with countless announcements by users, which I assume suggestion 2 does.
Just stick to using the auction house, it does a pretty good job.

Besides that, we are working on something bigger at the moment.
I guess, Cause then the survial aspect of Opticraft will be gone

Good Point. :D

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 11:04:43 am »
Ive been on servers like that and the chat gets so spammed I never went back.

For use the trade channel wont be a trading channel any more, it will just be spammed. To get around that a channel could be created for the auctions which no-one can type in but I don't think our server needs/wants this plugin. 

Also If I want to buy something off of a person in a different time zone I can make a post rather than the plugin is a "now and only then" situation.

As henz said, no need. Use auction house.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 09:51:36 pm »
What you can do is have a chest at your /home and say

"Snapethesnipe's Auction prize" and cmodify the chest to them. Mail them saying the chest is there for them.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »
True, but I just liked the whole idea of a server based thing but that would work fine also
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.