May 16, 2024, 12:45:27 am

Author Topic: Remove closed or repealed posts in the Auction House  (Read 2526 times)

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
Remove closed or repealed posts in the Auction House
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:19 am »
Every time i go to the auction house nearly half are ither Repealed or Closed and, i think it would look alot cleaner and nicer if they were removed. I'm not saying imediatly since the buyer needs to see who wins but maybe after 2 days after the post was locked it should be removed. Plus the buyer should know when the item he/she is bidding on ends so he/she should have time within the two days to see if they won.

-N8MATTHEWS
I'm Back BABY!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Remove closed or repealed posts in the Auction House
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:36 am »
I would say between 3 days-1 week if this does end up happening. 2 days still isn't long enough to remove a post from a section such as the auction house.

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:26 am »
I would say between 3 days-1 week if this does end up happening. 2 days still isn't long enough to remove a post from a section such as the auction house.

I just wrote down a random number but 3 days- 1 week should be enough for someone who is SERIOUS about the item to see if they won before it got deleted. If they don't see it they might be on a vacation but, your on a vacation why would you bebidding on something in a video game...
I'm Back BABY!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:59:28 pm »
If they don't see it they might be on a vacation but, your on a vacation why would you bebidding on something in a video game...

Maybe auction, then vacation? Anyways, while this topics here, maybe child boards? Sold, repealed and the main Auction house board has all of the open auctions.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:07 pm »
I think the forum itself can be setup (by an administrator) to clean out posts that haven't been replied to in X number of days.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:43 pm »
I dont think a whole new board has to be opened forthis, i just think mos and ops should moderate this so it isn't so cluttered, with items no one has, or will ever bid on, or items that are sold or reapealed.
I'm Back BABY!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:42 am »
I dont think a whole new board has to be opened forthis, i just think mos and ops should moderate this so it isn't so cluttered, with items no one has, or will ever bid on, or items that are sold or reapealed.

It would be a full time job for us to delete auctions that have been completed and closed, and that's not our job.

As I stated, the forum settings can normally be adjusted to automatically scan specific forum areas and remove topics that have not been posted to in X number of days.  But only the forum administrator(s) can make that adjustment.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 01:23:39 am »

It would be a full time job for us to delete auctions that have been completed and closed, and that's not our job.

As I stated, the forum settings can normally be adjusted to automatically scan specific forum areas and remove topics that have not been posted to in X number of days.  But only the forum administrator(s) can make that adjustment.

I see what you mean by full time job. but if it can be changed to auto delete that would be great.
I'm Back BABY!

KillAndSurf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:11 am »
I agree because half the posts i go to are closed or sold. This gets old fast.  :-\