May 19, 2024, 03:59:04 pm

Author Topic: Changing the vote from diamond to gold!  (Read 2415 times)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
Changing the vote from diamond to gold!
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:35:56 am »
I know people won't like this idea but I think it needs to be done. Change the voting reward from diamond to gold. Diamonds are very rare in a survival game, but here I think it is just too easy to get the diamonds. It only takes 5 days to get ful diamond armor. Getting rid of the diamonds entirely may not be the answer but I beloved we should limit this. If we stay at this pace there will be more diamonds in the world then dirt!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:37:37 am by rytovius »

minecraft321

• View Profile
Re: Changing the vote from diamond to gold!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:52 am »
This is an ok idea but instead of gold (a pretty useless ore) I would use iron because its used for many more things. Sure, gold is more rare but iron is better!

Im for this idea 100% though.

-Red

X_CHARGER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:52:10 am »
No I dont think we should do this there may me a lot of members but they don't all vote and their ate the guest too that can't even vote and diamonds are still hard to sell, but its not like ppl are giving away stacks of diamond. And for the people that vote(me as well) iron just isn't worth my time and I don't think it is for any body else. I would be totally fine if only some of the voteing sites, places whatever there called gave you diamond, then the others gave you iron or redstone witch sells for quite a bit on the market. I would be okay with that.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:43:22 am »
the point of diamond is like on planet mc you can give a server a "diamond" and also, in smp the don't want people to sell diamonds, they are a high priced thing, but gold and iron are obtainable for the most part
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:45:12 am »
Although it may seem like a good idea, people use gold as a source of income. Making the voting reward gold will force Optical to remove it from the market. Also, when advertising this server on those voting sites, seeing "free diamonds" is a lot better at getting people than "free gold". Gold is pretty common. Most people will argue that but take a 2 hour mining trip and you will be surprised how easy it is to find.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:35 am »
Maybe getting rid of diamonds entirely is the right answer maybe make each vote a different ore or maybe each day is a different ore. All I am saying is diamonds have lost alot of there value and its probably one of the easiest to obtain. The ratio has to be
real diamonds:voted diamonds
1:100
limiting the diamonds will help miners who find diamonds which is not a great find anymore.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 05:17:56 pm »
Not going to happen. If we change the voting reward from Diamond to gold or iron, we will have to remove the Sell signs at the market for iron and/ or gold (the same way there are no sell signs for diamonds currently). This is not what we want to do.

Also, it'd make the same diamond problem persist being able to craft armor, tools, and all that jazz easier, as well as iron/ gold losing its value quickly.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »
Diamonds are very rare in a survival game, but here I think it is just too easy to get the diamonds. It only takes 5 days to get ful diamond armor.
5 days is a long time, just to get some diamond armour. The whole point in voting for diamonds is because they are more useful, what the hell are we going to do with gold, when they get removed from the market, nobody will need them or want them, so they won't want to vote anymore.

Getting rid of the diamonds entirely may not be the answer but I beloved we should limit this. If we stay at this pace there will be more diamonds in the world then dirt!
That's not going to happen, it's almost been a year since SMP was released, but I don't see diamonds being sold for the price of dirt, they're sold for way more. Also, there is already a limit to it, voting. You can only vote 5 times a day, giving you 5 diamonds a day, but if you go mining, you can get way more than 5 diamonds a day. Voting for diamonds is not a problem and is in no need to be changed.

---><--- Click the monkey

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »
I don't like this idea because some people have like full chests fulls of diamond then they could sell them easly and make so much money. I also Don't like the idea becuase gold is rare and expensive.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
Getting rid of the diamonds entirely may not be the answer but I beloved we should limit this. If we stay at this pace there will be more diamonds in the world then dirt!
That's not going to happen, it's almost been a year since SMP was released, but I don't see diamonds being sold for the price of dirt, they're sold for way more. Also, there is already a limit to it, voting. You can only vote 5 times a day, giving you 5 diamonds a day, but if you go mining, you can get way more than 5 diamonds a day. Voting for diamonds is not a problem and is in no need to be changed.

I was joking about being cheaper then dirt.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 06:49:05 pm »
Horrible idea, to be honest. "Free gold! Vote at Opticraft.net!" Gold only has one use to me, which is brewing and I already have about 100 ingots and 200 nuggets, totaling about...3000 instant health potions. Am I gonna really need all that? I like the idea of randomizing between iron/diamonds/gold. It kinda makes it a gamble. But I'm sure it won't be implemented, so all in all, I would expect no changes.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.