May 06, 2024, 11:02:53 am

Author Topic: [bhoughton] DNBlighton Ban Appeal  (Read 2389 times)

DNBlighton

• View Profile
[bhoughton] DNBlighton Ban Appeal
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »
Has anyone lightened my ban from permanent? i would really like to play again, i apologize for what i did
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:53:11 pm by cschurz »

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:48:01 pm »
You greifed two farms with over 600+ blocks of damage i cannot see you getting you let back on.

DNBlighton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:51:48 pm »
everyone esle i see that has griefed or even people with mods are getting their permanent bans reduced why can't I? Just doesn't make alot of sense to me

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »
The decision weather a ban stays permanent or not has to do with the amount of damage suffered, and a tiny bit of how generous the mod who banned you is feeling.

Two farms with over 600 blocks of damage is a LOT of grief.  Most of the grief you see getting pardoned is like 4 blocks, or 20 blocks, or a couple melons.  Nothing to the extent of over 600 blocks.  An example, breaking 5 blocks at a grief trap would earn you a week.  So if we used that as a base, 600 div 5 = 120.  So just mathematically you would have earned 120 weeks of ban or, to put it another way, that's a ban of 2 years!!  You've barely served a month, so yea...

It's true that we are very lenient when it comes to bans and appeals.  I think more lenient than most servers.  That said, that leniency has limits.

Assuming the moderator who banned you is still active, it would be up to them how your ban goes.  If they aren't still active, then it would fall to an Operator or Admin to make the decision.  In this case it's Bhoughton, and he is still active.  Here is a link to the original ban appeal:  LINK

My personal opinion, if your ban doesn't stay perminent you should still have a minimum of another 2 weeks to serve.  Your case is in Bhoughton's hands though, so please wait for his reply to your appeal.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:37:57 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

DNBlighton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
No, i saw on this forum on the same day i posted this thread where yall had took people off of permernant bans that took hundreds of blocks like i had, an even ones that had multiple bans on file. That is not fair, that yall let some people get unbanned and others to be banned.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:52:09 pm »
the circumstances of each ban and ban appeal are unique. each ban is dealt with by the mod responsible for the ban. citing other ban appeals as a reason for you to be unbanned will get you nowhere.

viper explained it well and arguing is not going to help your case.

the moderator who banned you is bhoughton: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=DNBlighton

you should wait for him to respond to the topic before you even begin to whine about not being unbanned.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
Re: [bhoughton] DNBlighton Ban Appeal
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »
Okay I remember this ban quiet well. What you did was make a 1x1 tower to the top of someone's melon farm, what you then did was take practically every single melon that was grown. This is completely and utterly unacceptable. The ban I feel should not be lifted for that amount of dammage you caused. However, I will allow the ban to be lifted, but you must serve another 4 weeks.

This is to any mod+ can you please set the ban to 4 weeks as I am now where near a computer and still currently on leave.

Bhoughton
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:24:14 pm »
Ban has been reduced to four weeks.
Ban will expire on the 7th of August.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:26:38 pm by TheRealFamous »

DNBlighton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:59 am »
Thank you Guy's!!  :D

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 12:25:13 am »
No worries. Don't screw up again.

Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo