May 14, 2024, 12:05:06 am

Author Topic: PVP Discussion  (Read 2737 times)

BigDOGboi

• View Profile
PVP Discussion
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the SMP server and I was wondering the reason why PVP was actually turned off globally. Does it encourage griefing and aggression? Or does it simply mean there will be more whining, and more rabble amongst the server? I for one don't mind PVP, I would just hate to have to type /spawn in order to be safe while I go grab a drink so some prick doesn't decide to back-stab you. Has PVP always been off? Anyway thanks for the warm welcoming to your server, you guys sure treat your Guests well and there isn't any discouraging behaviour which drives me away from other servers. (Including large influxes of young 12 year olds, chat spammers and griefers)

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious!

Bye

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: PVP Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »
PVP has always been off.  I think soon the server will have a PVP area/arena.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:25:28 pm »
There is currently no pvp, Because of all the issues with people killing for items, the drama around murdering someone. And all around encouraging griefers to also kill for fun.

There has been talk about a pvp arena of sorts. But it, I believe, is still in the thinking stages and not much chance for it to be implemented quickly.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »
Also, what fun is it to leave the spawn, just to get killed?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »
PVP has been discussed pretty much weekly for as long as I've been here...  Short answer, not gonna happen.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:35:04 pm »
PvP is a complete HELL. I once went on another server that had PVP, I had finally gotten a stack of wood when some retard camps the line and kills me. I kept trying without success 3 more times.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Guess

• Snoopaayyy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »
PvP isn't the point of this server. :/
But a PvP Arena wouldn't be bad.
Hey, I'm Guess_Who97! :p

bobbarkee

• What i do all day everyday!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 08:49:11 am »
i like opticraft how it is. but a pvp arena definitely couldn't hurt

ScottishChamp

• Only Scottish Moderator?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
I Love opticraft. and with another world/arena of pvp would be ok...you would need to get resources and get houses and have fights this will be not to bad idea as it would be a good way of survival.But you can not visit the warp market during at pvp so people would need to survive, i like pvp servers but i would not want opticraft turning into pvp i would prefer like a new world/arena of pvp.I Have played recently with faction pvp servers and they are quite good and it will bring more people into opticraft aswell.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »
I think soon the server will have a PVP area/arena.
I sure hope there will be no PvP arena's. The server right now is fine, we don't need PvP.

---><--- Click the monkey

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 01:11:31 pm »
I've never played with PVP, to me that's not minecraft, no PVP is one of the things that sets minecraft apart, and people still always try to push me to my death.

Ever see Dr Katz back in the day where David Cross is talking about how he played Doom but really wanted to just walk around and not cause trouble instead of having to kill everything?  Being able to relax is a good thing.  :)

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »
What turned me off from my last server was the PvP. People would camp the market place and try to kill you while you sold/bought items, making basically any sort of human contact a potential risk and not worth it.

Though I wouldn't mind a PvP arena myself, after all, what's the point of all this fancy equipment if I only use it on mob grinders. :/