May 02, 2024, 05:04:06 am

Author Topic: Operator (Personalized) Standards for promoting Recruits  (Read 4915 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
Re: Operator (Personalized) Standards for promoting Recruits
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:15 pm »
I'm looking through this thread seeing ops argue. this doesn't look professional nor helping guest understand. And the things with the beds, some bed can be canopy style, or a bed with drawers  under it. Most of the time, a mattress isn't on the floor, it is on a frame.

Maybe the bed sheets are covering the frame underneath. :P
My bed sheets do that in real life.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 11:44:46 pm »
When did this become a discussion about beds?

Mr_Indomitable

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:48 am »
This certainly was an exciting thread to read! Here are my thoughts:

Though I agree with Nick that creativity cannot be standardized, even he must admit that one can discern between builds that are aesthetically pleasing, and those that are not. (otherwise there would be no way to promote people)

I don't really want to get into the debate about whether or not others' promotion standards are proper or not, so I'll stick to the idea of the thread, (which I think is good, btw) and let people know how I review a guest/member who asks for one.

The first things that hit me when I see an individuals build are the shape and size. Is the build a box? If not, does it have a decent size that lets me know that it wasn't thrown together to get the rank? This is the most important part of the build in my opinion.

The next thing that I analyze is the color usage. Did the guest/member truly attempt to make the colors pleasing to the eye? Or did they spam a single block type throughout the whole build? I generally appreciate those who attempt to make the colors of the build match the theme of the build.

Just from the outside of the user's build, you should already be getting an idea of whether or not they are deserving of the recruit rank, but I move on for a thorough review.

The interior part of the build can be a deal breaker for me. If I'm on the verge of deciding whether or not a build deserves the recruit rank, the interior helps let me know. Did the guest/member really try to make the interior design with thoughtfulness? Or did they just spread 1x1 "chairs" in a random fashion? I can see whether that individual took the time to think out what the inside should look like, and I appreciate when it matches the theme of the build. Carpets are a great touch to any homes that are built.

Ahh, now I let the guest know whether or not I believe the build to be recruit worthy. This itself should not be taken lightly, being rude can make a guest upset. If the build is not up to par, I like to say things such as "Unfortunately the build is not detailed enough for the recruit rank." Then I give them some advice so that they have an idea of what could make the build better. Encourage them to work harder rather than telling them they're hopeless. (unless the build is similar to a 10x10 box, then tell them that we don't rank for box houses)

IMPORTANT: I've seen guests get really upset when a builder/op reviews their house without asking them whether they are attempting to achieve the recruit rank. Sometimes users just want the approval of higher ranks, and if that's all they're asking of you, you may as well :P.

Wow. I know this was a long post but i hope that at least one member of opticraft found it helpful! Feel free to tell me that my opinions are incorrect! :D

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »
An opinion can never be incorrect. It will just be argued against with another opinion.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »
I just promote for things that are creative, not blocky or square structures. No need for 5 paragraphs of explanation.

---><--- Click the monkey

Mr_Indomitable

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 07:43:28 pm »
I just promote for things that are creative, not blocky or square structures. No need for 5 paragraphs of explanation.

But the idea is to help guests/members to understand how their builds are being reviewed. Thus the long explanation from me :P

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 04:45:03 am »

But the idea is to help guests/members to understand how their builds are being reviewed. Thus the long explanation from me :P
Back in my day,

Just kidding but when I was a member I was smart enough to realise that my shitty sprites weren't going to get me a rank, I listened to Mr_Mr_Mr and AwesomeAlicia about having me build something that isn't a sprite like a house, but don't make it one big box. I did exactly that I made a house some terrain a pathway "water"fall and some landscaping, and of course I got it.

Long story short. If you think it looks real or as close to damn real as you can get with blocks your more than likely going to get recruit.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP