May 09, 2024, 08:07:15 pm

Author Topic: I need help. Gaming PC help.  (Read 19373 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I need help. Gaming PC help.
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 02:41:43 am »
well what would you suggest then and 6gb still lags alot nick i can barely use fraps without lag
This not because of your ram at all, especially not with 6GB. Your CPU or GPU is what is causing the lag. I can record BF3 videos on fraps with my 4GB of ram, I'm sure your 6 is fine.
Exactly. I've got 4GB of RAM on my laptop, but Minecraft actually runs worse on it than my desktop at home (which has 2GB, but a better GPU).

Also, to all the people posting part lists and costs: aren't you forgetting the OS?  Windows 7 Home Premium is $120 on Microsoft's site for an upgrade, $200 for the full version.

Get any i7 processor, and anything better than a Nvidia 560ti should be good without lag

I have a i5 that clocks at 3.5 GHz, and a Radeon 6850. I can FRAPS at 30 frames/sec on Battlefield 3 ultra settings.
Sorry tyler but i call bullshit on this. BF3 is a GPU heavy game and seeing as how I have an HD 6870 and can barely stay above 40FPS in BF3 on ultra, there is no way in hell you can get 30 fps while recording with a weaker video card than me.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 02:44:14 am »
I have a really shitty computer......
I don't know what else to say lol

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 02:58:18 am »
I'm pretty sure that I might stick to MacBook keyboard as well. Everything else must change.
I love the small keys and how easy they are to glide my fingers over.
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, that's almost identical to my keyboard on my MacBook, I love it as well. Very easy to use.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:16 am »
well what would you suggest then and 6gb still lags alot nick i can barely use fraps without lag
This not because of your ram at all, especially not with 6GB. Your CPU or GPU is what is causing the lag. I can record BF3 videos on fraps with my 4GB of ram, I'm sure your 6 is fine.
Exactly. I've got 4GB of RAM on my laptop, but Minecraft actually runs worse on it than my desktop at home (which has 2GB, but a better GPU).

Also, to all the people posting part lists and costs: aren't you forgetting the OS?  Windows 7 Home Premium is $120 on Microsoft's site for an upgrade, $200 for the full version.

Get any i7 processor, and anything better than a Nvidia 560ti should be good without lag

I have a i5 that clocks at 3.5 GHz, and a Radeon 6850. I can FRAPS at 30 frames/sec on Battlefield 3 ultra settings.
Sorry tyler but i call bullshit on this. BF3 is a GPU heavy game and seeing as how I have an HD 6870 and can barely stay above 40FPS in BF3 on ultra, there is no way in hell you can get 30 fps while recording with a weaker video card than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDx2lU1taw&feature=youtu.be

There you go Nick. Smooth as glass.
I went to the middle of a tank superiority round. 1 objective. 64 players.
Biggest map in Battlefield history, Bandar Desert, 4x5km of pure awesomeness.

Lowest it dipped to was around 20 or higher FPS. Not the best, but definitely playable and watchable.

GPU specs
(click to show/hide)

P.S. Sorry about my engineer kit. I know it's god awful but I never play engineer anyways. Usually medic or support.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:27:42 am by tylerhan2000 »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 03:34:34 am »
RIP Tylerhan2000 at the end of the video :(

But hey, I think I like your settings Tyler. Maybe if you could inbox me it? Thanks.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 03:51:58 am »
Dude, if your desktop resolution is 1080 why do you play at 900?

EditL quick question, how did you get your fraps to record with the FPS counter, mine seems to hide the fps counter.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:54:40 am by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 04:48:28 am »
Don't just me on that video. I was just jumping around, have seizures and doing 360 spins to prove my framerate stays constant.
In terms of gameplay, that was the worst video imaginable for me.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »
False. No matter what level computer you want to buy it will always be cheaper to build your own. This is because manufacturers up the prices since they have to assemble them and they know people will buy them. Plus you are paying for the company name also (alienware, apple, ect..)

Researched it a lot more (Like 5+ hours).
In most cases you were right. My bad, sorry ^^

In fact, I even decided to buy parts and build a computer. Thanks Nick :)

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »
Bit late to this, but ain't been able to get on the site much.
One thing, Snape, have you managed to buy the parts yet ?
and another thing, i run a 6850 as well, and also play BF3, and, can confirm what tyler's been saying, easily playable even when recording. only downside for me, is my piece of crap hard drive so takes a while to load into a game )':