May 19, 2024, 02:27:34 pm

Author Topic: Mysterious farm(Ban appeal)  (Read 1737 times)

kisclix

• View Profile
Mysterious farm(Ban appeal)
« on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:18 am »
Bit of a long story,

So me and my friend, Kurdman899, checked out this wool farm. He went under to see if there was protection as far as i know he didn't see none and he breaks the wool to go inside. Kurdman899 and I are not griefers but it was pretty mysterious so we decided to break the wool and see what was inside. We didn't take anything so we got out. he asked, "where did the wool go?" and i realized that it was build by some form of creative mode. so i go to my home and get some wool to put it back. The it randomly puts back its wool as if it didnt break. we thought it was a delayed Pstone hidden more into the farm itself. So i break it once more and then i get banned. Chances are that i wont get accepted and i understand those circumstances, but hey, its worth a try... BTW, Drunz is looking into this for other mods.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:05:39 am by kisclix »

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious farm(Ban appeal)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 05:25:38 am »
You were banned for 7 days for breaking a grief trap. It was an automatic ban by the server.

kisclix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:33:46 am »
You were banned for 7 days for breaking a grief trap. It was an automatic ban by the server.
So basically your telling me, that Ops set those up for griefers?

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:02 am »
sorry clix I'll respond to this shortly, been really busy.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:05:50 am »
From http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,5842.0.html :

If you were banned by CONSOLE with the reason "Automatic grief detection" you were banned for triggering one of many Automatic Grief Traps

Antigrief is a system designed to efficiently and automatically ban griefers. Multiple buildings have been placed in undisclosed locations around the world. If you break several blocks within those buildings, the antigrief is triggered and issues an automatic 7-day ban.

This system is highly successful and under most circumstances, a ban appeal should not be posted for such bans.

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:49:33 pm »
Again sorry, but yeah refer to what cschurz said, pretty much not gonna get unbanned because you were banned by a grief trap.