May 16, 2024, 04:54:13 am

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 79188 times)

insomniacmonkey

• View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2012, 07:12:41 am »
for those who disagree or dont think it makes the server bad or that we will run out of resources...please see my 200 by 300 hole i dug out that goes to bedrock in less than 2 months on the guest server...and that was just me and one other person...before we build the melon farm. after we built the far their was no need to dig hard like that and made the game way more fun. we were not spending all of our time just digging. we have started 2 huge projects to make the member world better. so now think about 2-3 months down the road now that everyone has to do this...the server is going to look like shit.

officiersmirnof

• check out the youtube chanel lightwolfgamming
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:18 am »
ok i  get that we want more survival but wy delete sugar cane it sels i belive wich 5$ per half stack or full stack dont know accectly you can get rich of it but mining would be faster you get then maybe 100$ per full inventory and it will also take some time to grow

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »

ok i  get that we want more survival but wy delete sugar cane it sels i belive wich 5$ per half stack or full stack dont know accectly you can get rich of it but mining would be faster you get then maybe 100$ per full inventory and it will also take some time to grow

You see, the problem is that there is enough money in circulation, and we should actually get rid of selling everything to the market, for you should just sell to stores, for the objective is not to make money, but to build, help build, and if you want money, then work for someone, and since melon pump king reed and vines are infinite in that you can keep making more and more without having to have special resources, and the server can't have a definite supply of those, whereas the serer only has so much coal, people can practically make infinite money, and all they have to do is sit here in front of their farms and they get money, which is causing a great deal of inflation.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »
for those who disagree or dont think it makes the server bad or that we will run out of resources...please see my 200 by 300 hole i dug out that goes to bedrock in less than 2 months on the guest server...and that was just me and one other person...before we build the melon farm. after we built the far their was no need to dig hard like that and made the game way more fun. we were not spending all of our time just digging. we have started 2 huge projects to make the member world better. so now think about 2-3 months down the road now that everyone has to do this...the server is going to look like shit.

That is the point I was trying to get at. With the farms people dig out enough resources to build their farm, but I doubt it took way to long to make that 200 by 300 hole. Now if you get enough dedicated players, then it would be possible to actually dig up most of the world in the hunt for resources and money.

Best griefer name ^

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2012, 03:13:57 pm »

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:57 pm »
It means that things are super overpriced because people have too much money, and yes I know what it means and we don't need money from the market, we need money from the other players.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »
It means that things are super overpriced because people have too much money, and yes I know what it means and we don't need money from the market, we need money from the other players.
This statement is 100% false. The amount of money in circulation has NO effect on the prices in the market. The market has infinite money and resources so inflation CANNOT exist on this server.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Damnedd

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:49 pm »
The actual reason for the high prices is to discourage players from buying their resources instead of gathering them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:37:40 pm by Damnedd »

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2012, 10:50:08 pm »
Bored now :/

officiersmirnof

• check out the youtube chanel lightwolfgamming
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2012, 11:49:52 pm »
Alright i get it but wy then dont only sel gold and iron to the marked and only rare items to buy in the market like,slime and chain armor

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2012, 05:45:25 am »
Okay so the reason why you sell stuff for insanely expensive, is only discouragement? Well then why don't you just sell saplings and bone meal instead of those two and  logs, when you can buy 2 stack jungle wood, for 500, but you can also buy 32 saplings and 32 bone meal for just as much and you get well over 3 stacks. And as I have said at least once before, It is only the luxuries are truly unobtainable  don't think that it was very clear that the intention of high prices was discouragement. And why should people live off of the market, for as I believe awesomealicia said " the market is a convenience," ergo it should lonely be of use for dire situations or in times where you need it for what you want has been exhausted on the server, and who really needs to sell to the market? Want money? Look for job openings, and if you can't sell stuff to the market, or think that the market is a rip off, sell it to people who run shops, can't do that? Cry me a river. Lower your price, for if you sell one item to a growing shop, then as they get more an more income, they might be able to pay you a bit more, i have only made at most 5k off of melons, for I only farmed manually, an sure I have sold 625 wheat to nhataley, but the problem I have with selling cobble, iron and stuff to the market, is that there is a definite amount of cobble on this server as is iron although that definite number may be vast, it is still definite.

And  Nick, I see that you have falsified my statement regarding inflation, and I wasn't really sure if this statement is true do I thought prices were determined by value as opposed to both value and discouragement and I was only using it as an idea that would create more interdependence amongst the players, for that way a vast majority of all resources are used in building or creating more, new resources which is much more efficient than having to sell and them disappear from the server forever and have somebody come along and spent 400% of the cost earned and then do whatever. And I understood that the market has infinite resources but if you see that the market is pumping out millions when  getting pumpkins and melons at like a >90% majority and just some other side crap (which I am not saying that it is logged, although it may be by if not, then if you were to log it(JIC you wanted to falsify that too ;) ;)) then yo might want to change the prices on market thing so that people aren't spending 3000 dollars in which case he actually only spending 30 (and I know that this is what the whole no sell melon thing is about.)

The reason I assumed that inflation occurred was because if there was more money being generated, and there were no blocks that have truly been removed from the server so people virtually haven't done anything while money is being distributed. More money = less value. Btw I was more focusing on the deflation part because that is more motivating and I was or so I think I was setting it as a maybe instead of a guarantee  .

Officiersmirnof, the reason for this is because the definite supply of iron on this server. And the buying part is why I am saying. The market should only sell to the people and buy meats and apples, and stuff long those lines.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »
This statement is 100% false. The amount of money in circulation has NO effect on the prices in the market. The market has infinite money and resources so inflation CANNOT exist on this server.

*cough inflation on slimeballs, and other unobtainable items :/
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »

[/quote]

Um these prices are set by us, If i sell slimeballs for $50 long enough everyone will. Note that when I built my diamond ore i paid 200-250 for each diamond, now diamonds sell for 100 because people just started selling them that cheap.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »
Despite the disagreements that are likely to follow, this is my opinion;

I dont think there should even be an economy, or market, that's the main reason why I never used to play        SMP, I think people should get along, and play the game how it is, plugin's that moderate the server I have no problem with, as they don't generally effect me -except TNT and lava rule(TNT is extremely useful for mining)-and I like the little perky /home feature(and I could go without this if it were removed), but that's all I really use, most of the time I'm deafened, and just doing my own thing, I've got a melon farm, I use it for food, but I haven't used it in ages because it get's so much food, I used it for money a couple of times, and it got me about 200k, which was far too easy for leaving my laptop on overnight, of course, I had no objection at the time, it was free money, but looking back, I see no need, I couldn't recall the last time I bought something from the market.

So all in all, market price arguments in my mind are quite annoying and pointless, this whole topic is somewhat amusing to read...

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:28 pm »

*cough you don't understand what inflation is.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident