May 05, 2024, 04:11:53 pm

Author Topic: "I'm from Planet Minecraft" Crackdown  (Read 8997 times)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm from Planet Minecraft" Crackdown
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 06:52:55 am »
I have seen that before..
I see also someone at 3?rd minute who would do..  SHoush!!! ...:P

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »
I Think there is a PMC Rep for the server.

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 04:49:56 pm »
They need to get it in their fat dumb heads none of our admins are that stupid. I mean come on no ones going to op you because your "reviewing" our server

ScottishChamp

• Only Scottish Moderator?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21:11 pm »
Plus Planet minecraft dont do server reviews i think...

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »
Plus Planet minecraft dont do server reviews i think...
Yes this is true, I had checked their website and they don't do reviews. Although I wish they did.

Anyways, the main point of this topic was to let everybody who doesn't already know, it's not real. Don't fall for their crap. To see the video, the link has been re-posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8faFqfPBpiE&feature=relmfu
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »
Plus guys, let's be honest. Even if they are PMC, why do they need operator rank to review a server? You actually CAN'T review the server as op, because you can do anything! It's not even survival.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 07:44:59 pm »
Plus guys, let's be honest. Even if they are PMC, why do they need operator rank to review a server? You actually CAN'T review the server as op, because you can do anything! It's not even survival.

Server reviewers (I used to be one) don't even announce they're reviewers.  We prefer to hop on a server, stay completely anonymous, and get a feel for the server as if we were just a regular player.  You can't do a valid review of a server if everyone knows you're reviewing the server.  It's the same as hotel, restaurant, etc. reviewers... They stay completely anonymous and you never know they've been there until after the review is done.

Anyone who actually claims to be a reviewer, before the review is done, is a complete fake.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »
LOL. Best way to troll the person:

1) Make a "planet minecraft" admin rank that looks like a normal admin rank that lets the person with the rank fly and use commands. HOWEVER, no matter what command is used by a player of the "planet minecraft" admin rank, it simply bans the player. So if I was in this rank and I did "//set lava" with world edit, it would actually translate to "/ban !self" (!self of course being replaced with whatever namespace represents applying to myself). The same would go to any other command used while having this rank.

2) make the "planet minecraft" reviewer an "admin" as described above

3) Player flies around and uses a world edit command or some other command.

4) some command is used by the player with the "planet minecraft" admin rank, but the only thing that happens is the kid bans himself because he isn't a real admin, he is a "planet minecraft" admin, and a script replaces all commands done by "planet minecraft" admins with a self ban command.

5) When the player bans himself the ban message that he/she sees could be "Planet Minecraft my ass!".

Idea is clever, No? This could be the best way to troll these "Planet Minecraft" reviewers lolz.

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »
LOL. Best way to troll the person:

1) Make a "planet minecraft" admin rank that looks like a normal admin rank that lets the person with the rank fly and use commands. HOWEVER, no matter what command is used by a player of the "planet minecraft" admin rank, it simply bans the player. So if I was in this rank and I did "//set lava" with world edit, it would actually translate to "/ban !self" (!self of course being replaced with whatever namespace represents applying to myself). The same would go to any other command used while having this rank.

2) make the "planet minecraft" reviewer an "admin" as described above

3) Player flies around and uses a world edit command or some other command.

4) some command is used by the player with the "planet minecraft" admin rank, but the only thing that happens is the kid bans himself because he isn't a real admin, he is a "planet minecraft" admin, and a script replaces all commands done by "planet minecraft" admins with a self ban command.

5) When the player bans himself the ban message that he/she sees could be "Planet Minecraft my ass!".

Idea is clever, No? This could be the best way to troll these "Planet Minecraft" reviewers lolz.

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Bukkit users and scripters, do this NOW!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:40 pm »
Huge wall of Text
This would be funny, but also will not happen. (Im 99% sure) This is a useless rank, we could easily just kick them, or ignore them.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
XD you just quoted huge wall of text...
Anyways, but that wouldn't be fun! Just some stupid command...why not make them that "admin rank"! Then it would be hilarious. In fact, if this is done, we could post this on YouTube! Server and plugin gets fame, huge success, COMPLETELY ends this excuse! We would just have to make a successful plugin

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 08:55:06 pm »
Yeah, it's SUPPOSED to be a useless rank. It is there for the comedy of tricking these "Planet Minecraft" people into thinking they are being set as a real admin, but then in the end they do a command and ban themself!

The best part is when they ban themself the chat could display:
"Planet Minecraft idiot <playerName> banned himself!"

Best griefer name ^