June 04, 2024, 10:17:59 pm

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 2512 times)

TheEnderzZ

• View Profile
Why?
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:02 am »
It has come to my attention that we have a problem. Recently players have began creating death traps at their /homes, but why? A better question is what can be done about it? Bans are administered fairly, however, players will make more and new players will do the same. Its very troubling...a whole new era of grief.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:49 am »
I agree, but people cant get in their head that it is a bad thing.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:28:01 am »
Death traps has always been a problem, the best thing to do is to ban them. If you find a death trap please contact a staff member and they will take care of it.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:03:47 pm »
An even better idea is to never go to someone else's /home unless you trust that person.  Thus you'll never die, some other poor sap will, and the player involved will still get banned.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:34:21 pm »
Also, if you're suspicious about a shop or other sort of thing to attract players, like maybe a spleef...

CLEAR!!!
THE!!!!!!
INVENTORY!!!

Xp you're just gonna have to risk. Don't go to a shop/home AT ALL unless you trust them if you have a lot of levels.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Guess

• Snoopaayyy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:59:47 am »
An even better idea is to never go to someone else's /home unless you trust that person.  Thus you'll never die, some other poor sap will, and the player involved will still get banned.

Also, if you're suspicious about a shop or other sort of thing to attract players, like maybe a spleef...

CLEAR!!!
THE!!!!!!
INVENTORY!!!

Xp you're just gonna have to risk. Don't go to a shop/home AT ALL unless you trust them if you have a lot of levels.

Agreed on I'd be suspicious, clear the inventory, and usually if something is too good to be true, it is!

Not to sound selfish or anything, but usually, I wait for awhile if I'm interested, and if I see,
"Player" has hit the ground too hard, or something of the sort, yea know, I don't go!
It's also easier to make a descision to go if you trust, or even somewhat know that person.
Hey, I'm Guess_Who97! :p

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »
If you're suspicious of someone's request to go to their /home, ask a moderator with /helpop first to go check it out.

Thanks.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »
You know the dakumario incident is gonna become famous on Opticraft. I was going o clear inventory, but got lazy >:(. My friend told me I go and I got 12 diamonds. Then we all fell in the lava. All I really care about is tht I forgot about the 15 ender pearls in my inventory! The rest I lost a lot but I can replace...

So new rule: if a drop party isnt at the market, DON'T GO (or clear inventory)
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 09:58:49 pm »
As a moderator, usually if I see a player advertising their home or store with something crazy, like diamonds for $15, I'll do the /home myself as soon as I can to see if it's safe.  Can't kill a mod with god mode on.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)