May 02, 2024, 11:58:04 pm

Author Topic: the sprite that was worked on way too long.  (Read 24038 times)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: the sprite that was worked on way too long.
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »
yeah i did but the thing was that i installed the wrong java, which led to a freeze in wom and in smp :P
(i reinstalled it and rebooted my pc and it was fixed)
though something is wrong with the resolution wom is showing (it only shows half the screen)

anyway, wyboth, your added and later today i'll post a picture (and why do you need it resized? i thought you did it by eye, the bigger the picture the better the detail right?(advice from own experience))
By resized, I meant that it needs to be whatever size you want me to build it in Minecraft. Also, as I understand it, the maximum world height is 192 blocks. How am I supposed to make a 252 block high sprite if I'm not building it on the floor?

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 08:34:40 pm »
yeah i did but the thing was that i installed the wrong java, which led to a freeze in wom and in smp :P
though something is wrong with the resolution wom is showing (it only shows half the screen)

anyway, wyboth, your added and later today i'll post a picture (and why do you need it resized? i thought you did it by eye, the bigger the picture the better the detail right?(advice from own experience))
By resized, I meant that it needs to be whatever size you want me to build it in Minecraft. Also, as I understand it, the maximum world height is 192 blocks. How am I supposed to make a 252 block high sprite if I'm not building it on the floor?
yeah, why do you need it in the size of the world?
that's only usefull when you use the palette...? and you don't...?

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:19 pm »
I hope one day I will be so good as you... Or even better? But I don't think better tough!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »

yeah, why do you need it in the size of the world?
that's only usefull when you use the palette...? and you don't...?
What? I don't know what you're saying. You said that I had to make a sprite as large as yours, and yours is 252 blocks tall, so I was asking how I was supposed to fit it. I can't do it of the floor, because your dragon tail thingy is casting a shadow on the floor, and I can't do it on the walls because the height limit is 192, which can not fit a 252 block high sprite. So what do I do? Should I make a smaller sprite? Or should I build it in another world, preferrably an empty one?
Also, I know I asked you to provide the image, but I remembered there was a sprite that I really wanted to make, and this would be the perfect opportunity to make it.

What do you think?

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 11:52:34 am »
I was about to ask the same question, you can't fit that large of a sprite in such a small world.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2012, 12:21:59 am »
Terrewee, this is your last chance. Please give me working links to the sprites you want me to make and tell me if you would rather have me make one of the sprites you suggested or the one I posted here. Also, tell me if you want to re-size them so they will fit on the walls of your world or provide me with an empty world to work in. If you do not do this, then the challenge is void because the challenger did not provide the challengee with the necessary materials to complete the challenge, and I win by default. Please hurry with your decision; I am growing impatient.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2012, 01:59:57 am »
I suggest you first finish the one in my world though, before starting on this new challenge already. There's more than enough work left to do on that one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:00 am »
I suggest you first finish the one in my world though, before starting on this new challenge already. There's more than enough work left to do on that one.
I was going to do that at first, but then I decided to put that one on hold so I wouldn't keep Terrewee waiting. But now he's keeping me waiting, and right now it looks like the contest isn't going to happen, so I am returning to the Hourglass Nebula.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2012, 05:17:30 am »
Terrewee is on vacation... so he cant respond
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »
Terrewee is on vacation... so he cant respond
Ok, that explains a lot. When he gets back, I expect him to do this.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »
well, i don't realy  care if it's as large as mine i jsut want you to do a big one that is bigger than you did before ;)
it's totaly fine by me if you wanna do that sprite on the wall or what ever
all i ask you to do is not rescale the picture your looking from and just sprite it when it's in it's original resolution ;)
(so basicaly you look at your 500px × 400px picture and sprite it 192px X whatever you feel like, that i can do and i expect you to be able to do it too)
and i expect you to be able to do it in 2 layers without water leaves and lava, ok?

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2012, 08:16:36 pm »
well, i don't realy  care if it's as large as mine i jsut want you to do a big one that is bigger than you did before ;)
it's totaly fine by me if you wanna do that sprite on the wall or what ever
all i ask you to do is not rescale the picture your looking from and just sprite it when it's in it's original resolution ;)
(so basicaly you look at your 500px × 400px picture and sprite it 192px X whatever you feel like, that i can do and i expect you to be able to do it too)
and i expect you to be able to do it in 2 layers without water leaves and lava, ok?
Hold on. You just said don't resize anything, but resize my 400 x 500 sprite? I don't get it.
Also, please add me as a builder to your world if you haven't already. And I was already planning on doing 2 layers without water, glass leaves, etc.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:40 pm »
i say don't resize the picture, but sprite it smaller in the world. (this is how i sprite without palette, mr monkey calls it terre style  :D)
and i'm gonna try to add you now (again -.-)

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »
I'm guessing that since I became inactive from classic around 6 months ago, no new tall art world was made in that span of time, i still remember that bleach pixel art, and that was made even before I joined :D

anyways, glad to see builders still building epic and crafter-y things :D:D

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »
i say don't resize the picture, but sprite it smaller in the world. (this is how i sprite without palette, mr monkey calls it terre style  :D)
and i'm gonna try to add you now (again -.-)
I still don't get what you're saying. I HAVE to resize it if I want to make the full image in the game. Otherwise, it will be full size, but only part of the picture will be made because there isn't room for all of it at full size. PLEASE explain to me what you mean. I have no idea what "sprite it smaller in the world" means. Do you mean to make it in minecraft as if the picture were resized, but without actually resizing the picture? Do you mean that I would take a full-sized picture and compress the pixels in my mind, then make it in minecraft? If so, I would have to make it 1/4 size, because I can't resize to odd dimensions in my mind.
PLEASE respond to this and tell me very clearly what you want me to do. Thanks.
Also, I still can't build in your world. I don't know why after you supposedly added me I don't have building permissions. If Terre's world won't work, could someone else volunteer their world? Preferrably someone who has space for such a behemoth sprite. :)