June 16, 2024, 12:42:01 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft Prom (for the members + of 2012)  (Read 92644 times)

Larkosaurus

• View Profile
Re: Opticraft Prom (for the members + of 2012)
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:21 pm »
That is a very good time for me. I don't have anything to do on that time. But Radlam was first so if he can't I will do it.
Perfect! you can and now everyone can hopefully attend

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2012, 05:54:55 pm »
minecraft music isn't exactly.. well.. music :P

Watcha talkin' about, Willis?? Of course it's music! :P

Albeit not anything spectacular, but still...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:56:59 pm by Xeadin »

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2012, 05:55:18 pm »
Hope you guys have fun with this :P
Here is a more formal layout if you want, tried to change as little text itself as possible - just use the code in the spoiler. (you obviously don't have to use it if you don't want, just a bit easier to find information)

PREVIEW:

Dear Members,

We are having a prom!
Yes that is right people, a prom. Because of the venue, we have gone with the completely unoriginal theme of:
WINTER WONDERLAND! The venue looks really, really good.

What to wear?
We will only be accepting smart skins, so tuxedo's and prom dresses (we won't be really strict, it's more for fun dressing up) So if you have a skin you always wear, you could edit it and make it look Fab-u-lous! The things we won't accept will really just be naked people or people that just look terrible, because that is just a fashion crime..
(Jokes)

When and where?
June 17th @ 7pm GMT
(which gives you a week to find dates and get dresses/suits)

What will be going on?
We will have a vote for best prom King and Queen. We now have a photo booth to take a snapshot with you and your date!  (made by Radlam) - It is super awesome!

We will be having a best skin contest so get designing! You are encouraged to bring a date ;) as it is a prom, and boys what I thought would be cool is if you could bring red roses!

You can meet up and have fun with the community and it will be really good :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is me and Radlam at the Photo booth

Now for the boring bit:
We need donations, here is a short list of things we need to decorate the venue;
- Blue wool (all kinds)
- White wool
- Glowstone
If anyone would be willing to donate some stuff that would be really appreciated.

~ So that's about it, and we hope to see you there!

URGENT:
If you can donate jukeboxes and discs that would be good for music, but I suggest opening up youtube and playing a song just because minecraft music isn't exactly.. well.. music :P

(click to show/hide)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:05 pm »
What about this layout? I've added a few grouped the descriptions to the top, Added detailed information to the sections (Including the two different groups (To allow more people to attend the events, for those who couldn't make it at 7PM GMT) (All information was inquired by Larkosaurus)
And of course the fancy titles. :P

Dear Members,

We are having a prom!
Yes that is right people, a prom. Because of the venue, we have gone with the completely unoriginal theme of:
WINTER WONDERLAND! The venue looks really, really good.
You are encouraged to bring a date! as it is a prom, and boys, what I thought would be cool is if you could bring red roses!
There will be cake and food.

We also have a photo booth to take a snapshot with you and your date (So be sure to visit that!)
You can meet up and have fun with the community and it will be really good

The prom is welcoming everyone *But* guests (For obvious reasons), The location will be held at TheWholeLoaf's home, So MANY thanks to you TheWholeLoaf for hosting this event!

We will only be accepting smart skins, so tuxedo's and prom dresses (we won't be really strict, it's more for fun dressing up) So if you have a skin you always wear, you could edit it and make it look Fab-u-lous! The things we won't accept will really just be naked people or people that just look terrible, because that is just a fashion crime..
(Jokes)

There will be two different groups. Please see the the information below for details!
June 17th

Group A:12AM GMT (7AM EST/ 9PM Australia, Sydney time)
Group B: 7PM GMT(2.00pm EST/4AM Australia, Sydney time)

(which gives you a week to find dates and get dresses/suits)

We will be having a best skin contest so get designing!

The Skin ranked 1st will receive a Diamond block!
The Skin ranked 2nd will receive a Gold block!
The Skin ranked 3rd Will recieve an Iron Block!

The competition will be judges by the top 3 ranking members!

The Prom king & Queen will be selected & crowned with a golden crown (Or a golden helmet, So you may want to find a texture pack for this, maybe?) and Titled Queen & King of the prom!

The judgement will also be up to the highest ranking members, since a vote would be too hard to keep track of.

Here is me and Radlam at the Photo booth

Now for the boring bit:
We need donations, here is a short list of things we need to decorate the venue;
- Blue wool (all kinds)
- White wool
- Glowstone
If anyone would be willing to donate some stuff that would be really appreciated.

~ So that's about it, and we hope to see you there!

URGENT:
If you can donate jukeboxes and discs that would be good for music, but I suggest opening up youtube and playing a song just because minecraft music isn't exactly.. well.. music :P

(click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:31:51 pm by Hasan (Tabooti) »
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
Does anybody want to go with me? (I'm not positive I'll make it but if I can I will.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2012, 06:43:07 pm »
Does anybody want to go with me? (I'm not positive I'll make it but if I can I will.

You can go with me, we'll go sit on the bench :P
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »
URGENT:

Next time we do a big event like this we (the host and I) should get together and collaborate on a date and time.  I do in-game broadcasts on a legally registered internet radio station and would have been more than happy to act as DJ for the event.  

Unfortunately the stream is in use by another DJ for a weekly broadcast during the time set for the prom, so I'll be unable to provide the service this time.  Next time, however, if you want a real DJ taking in-game requests and playing real music that everyone can listen to at the same time let me know beforehand so we can work out a schedule for it to happen.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:45:29 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »

You can go with me, we'll go sit on the bench :P
Yay :P

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:05 pm »
I'm going with Cody and Erica, we're so awesome :)

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2012, 08:14:34 pm »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »
Suggestion, instead of having noobs trying to ruin this, we could have mods going to peoples homes when requested, check skins, and tp them to the prom after the skin is confirmed!

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:00 pm »
Suggestion, instead of having noobs trying to ruin this, we could have mods going to peoples homes when requested, check skins, and tp them to the prom after the skin is confirmed!

Or just teleport the trolls out/kick/temp ban them, rather than going through the hassle of individually checking people.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:30 pm »
For donations i can and have made few cakes (30 something so far) to be placed somwhere in prom place (if posible nice lookin table like glass or something ) for tux i will work out something to get one.
Just is there any chest to deposit stuff or i can use Viper's fish chest,or to give Lark or someone else the cakes.And if u still need blue wool i got some lapis in blocks,sorry no wool for now unless i buy some.Date i will not have cos of my jelaous lady :-P (joke i actually dont have any lady to go with me  :-\ ) and i'm not really sure i will be able to come but will do my best.
If any other material is needed i got:cobby,stone bricks,netherack,pumkins,melons,glowstone lamps (30 or so ),redstone wire for mechs like lights (can work out some light show if needed)also i suggest for food to use not chests but dispencers so ppl dont take more then needed :-) and my pig farm can produce nice amount of porkchop if needed also.
So without any further delay if u need something from above pm in game and i'l come asap :-D     sorry for long txt  8)

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:32 pm »
We have PLENTY of food for Prom, but we could use some more porkchops maybe. We do have a nice table for cake where you can put stuff. We dont need anymore wool or anything and were pretty much all good for redstone, but thanks soo much anyway  :D. Agian, thanks for the offers! Hope to see you there!

-Lord

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:13 pm »
GMT = England? If so it will be 3:30am  :P