May 15, 2024, 09:12:06 pm

Author Topic: 1matthew2 ban appeal  (Read 2936 times)

minecraft321

• View Profile
1matthew2 ban appeal
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:38 pm »
Hi,

I was just wondering why my friend, 1matthew2 was banned.

Thanks,

-Red

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1matthew2 ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:15 am »
I banned 1matthew2 for griefing.  I was called over to Ocellaris17's house where he was griefing right in front of my eyes.  I messaged him asking him what he was doing.  I got no reply and he continued to grief. 

His ban has been set for 7 days and will expire on June 12th at 7:58PM CST.

As he did this griefing right in front of my eyes, and as he didn't stop griefing when I gave him the opportunity, the ban will not be shortened.  Quite frankly he's lucky I was in a good mood, because normally this kind of nonsense would be a permanent ban.

Tell your friend the next time he griefs he might not get off so easy.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

minecraft321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:04 am »
Ok thank u. He told me that he only destroyed 2 blocks and placed a door.

-Red

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:40 am »
Here are screenshots of the conversation and the rollback, taken after the repair was complete.

Sure, it was only 7 blocks, because that's as far as I let him go.  It would have been much worse had I not banned him while he continued to grief.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:51:36 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

minecraft321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:51:35 am »
Ok thx again!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:52:42 am »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

1matthew2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:00:38 am »
pls ViperzeroOne i made a mistake but thats why there are second chances and now i need a second chance.Everyone makes and everyone needs second chances so pls have a heart and unbanned me.if antone agrees with me pls reply.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 03:56:21 am »
pls ViperzeroOne i made a mistake but thats why there are second chances and now i need a second chance.Everyone makes and everyone needs second chances so pls have a heart and unbanned me.if antone agrees with me pls reply.

You are getting a second chance.  Your ban is only for 7 days, not permanent.  When your ban is up you can come back on.  Until then just think about what you did, and how you're not going to do it again.  On June 12th at 7:58PM CST you can come back on the server.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

1matthew2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »
ViperzeroOne since when does a moderator place bans weather he is in a good mood or not. That doesnt sound like how it should be done, and regards to the "stealing" there is no evidence that i stole anything i was just simply puting in one door my dystoring two block. I asked ocellaris17 multiple times if i could put the door in and no response. So i simply put one in. Also he and you saying that i was dystroying 7+ blocks had i not been banned is outrageous at best. there is no proof that it had happened and viperzeroone just jumped in blamed me for everything and banned me without an rash explination. This is suppose to be a community but how i am being treated right now by this ONE mod is not right.

Also you keep saying the word griefing...do you even know what it means. If you do then im sure that people create bonds to there two blocks that i have distroyed.
thats the deffinition incase you were wondering:
Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something to which a bond was formed.

matthew
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:20:59 pm by g.matthew »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:32 pm »
Actually Matthew, you need to double check the images above because there is more than enough proof there to back up my story.  As you can see in the second picture, the rollback for YOU was 7 blocks and that was only in a 5 block area, which means it was inside that building.  You can't deny that so don't try.

Also in the images, starting with image one, is our conversation.  I appeared behind you and asked you "What are you doing?" ... I then waited for your reply, which didn't happen, before saying, "You have 2 seconds to explain yourself matthew".  Your only reply then was "Can I make a door" before you started breaking blocks again.  The true owner of the house then frantically complained, saying, "WTF cn a moderator come 1matthew2 is destroying my house".  I quickly confirmed the blocks you were breaking did not belong to you, and then banned you.  Once again, the house DID NOT BELONG TO YOU.  So yes, you were griefing.  Doesn't matter if it's 1 block or 100, griefing is griefing.

You speak about how this is a community, and you're correct.  As you can see in the images you were causing a lot of frustration and anger in another player on the server, Ocellaris.  It wasn't fair to him that you were damaging his house.  The proper course of action in this case was to ban you so you would learn your lesson, and then repair his house.  Both of which I have done.  You might argue the case, but everything I did was proper and justified.

In most cases, for ignoring a moderator and continuing to grief even after he's addressed you, you would have been banned permanently.  Be satisfied with your 7 day ban, which is what you would get for breaking 5 blocks on a grief trap.  It's very much justified and was the fair and proper course of action.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:36:31 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

1matthew2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:44:14 pm »
Well really.lets see  about that i did not take 7 blocks i can tell you that and i did not see you write that.sooo you have no profe that i did.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:26 pm »
Well really.lets see  about that i did not take 7 blocks i can tell you that and i did not see you write that.sooo you have no profe that i did.

The proof is in the IMAGE above when the rollback was done.  Never did I say you TOOK 7 blocks, I said the rollback shows you MODIFIED 7 blocks.  Did you even bother to read what I just wrote?

This argument is now completely pointless because you obviously aren't reading what I'm saying.  I'm locking this thread.

Don't create another ban appeal, my judgement stands.  Your ban will expire on June 12th at 7:58PM CST.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:09:12 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »
Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something to which a bond was formed.

And while you're waiting for your ban to expire, you might want to re-read the definition of Griefing;

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!