May 15, 2024, 03:30:10 pm

Author Topic: I was tricked :S  (Read 2470 times)

laurenstair

• View Profile
I was tricked :S
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:36:06 am »
Well, I was on a different server, and this dude said, "If a server doesn't have The Hunger Games, you can advertise Hunger Game servers." So I went on opticraft and advertised a Hunger Games server because we needed players, and I got banned! I had no idea, and now I no that NO ADVERTISING means no other ip's. Please unban me and give me a second chance, I'm very sorry. :S

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
Re: I was tricked :S
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:50:24 am »

Guys, this person was Arboretum01, a trusted member and a very nice person. She was TRUSTED for a reason. So please, give her a chance, she's nice! Lauren may have made a poor decision, so can she just please have a second chance?
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04:37 am »
This is in the wrong section. Moved to SMP Ban Appeals

Advertising in public chat is bad enough. Advertising in mass PM's is even worse. You have known all along that we have had this rule implemented since the START of the server. Since you were a Trusted player, you should have known all of the rules at this point. It should have also clicked that you were on for quite a long time to see other people advertising IP's, only to find themselves getting banned themselves. Being tricked should not be an excuse to break server rules when you have known them all this time. You were Trusted for a REASON, and this is your second ban on record. Your trusted privileges are revoked at this time until you can regain them.

Wait for XpLoZzIv to respond, as he was the one that banned you.

laurenstair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:50:43 am »
I'm quitting the server. Flame, you're so nice, & I hope to see you and all my friends on other servers. Xeadin thank you for revoking my trusted. And flame, tell everyone that I will miss them dearly and if I ever come back on, I'm only visiting. I'm sick and tired of no one listening. So Xeadin, you can lock up your ban hammer for me because you will not need it anymore. Good bye opticraft, I will miss you dearly.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:36 am »
Arbortorium is a veteran member on the server. She knows the rules, and she's seen people being punished for breaking them.

Tricked or not, she knew (Or at least should have) the rules (Especially after since she's been banned before). I don't think there's any excuse to breaking the rules, being tricked or not. But just as Xeadin said, wait for xplosive to reply.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »
What Xeadin said, and I'm not going to un-ban her just so that she can advertise again.
Probably the best Builder ever.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »
I agree with Tabooti... If you're a vet of the server you should know what the rules are.  You should have seen people banned for advertising and known not to do it.  Just because you've been here a long time doesn't mean you can violate rules and get away with it.  You know how many people have tried to talk me into doing things against the rules?  Grow a spine and say no.

So you lost trusted, big whoop.  Other players have had the same thing happen and earned it back.  Hell we just had a trusted gain Moderator who had lost their Moderator rank before.  It's not the end of the world.  You should have just sucked it up, apologized, and you might have gotten unbanned.  I really and strongly believe that you might have had another chance.  Now, after your temper tantrum?... Good luck, looks like XpLoZzIv has the right idea.

Advertising in mass PM's- does that suffice a permanent ban?
In my opinion, no.
Arbore was tricked,
She's a nice person,
She. Does. Not. Deserve. This.

Actually that's worse than advertising in General chat because you're showing you know you shouldn't be doing it but are doing it anyway.

She wasn't tricked, she was pressured by someone who was looking for server numbers, there is a difference.  She could have said to herself, "I'm not doing that because it's not allowed".

She actually does deserve it, because she broke rules she's well aware of and then threw a hissy-fit.  Doesn't matter if she's a nice person or not.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:58:12 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »
Meh, what the heck.
DENIED.