June 04, 2024, 10:38:30 am

Author Topic: SN1PER_G0R1LLA Ban Appeal  (Read 3205 times)

Fetchmetheirsouls

• View Profile
SN1PER_G0R1LLA Ban Appeal
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »
Hello,

This morning I was having a spleef contest on Opticraft when all of a sudden I was disconnected and it said "Banned for advertising other servers." I have not ever advertised another server. Nseth(TRUSTED) was asking me good hunger games servers to play on. I replied with "A.MC-HG.com." As soon as I sent the message I was banned. Can someone tell me why I was banned? For one, I was never advertising (See definition: Advertise.) Two, It was in a private message which was not public. And three, he asked me for the server I never straight out just gave it to him.

ad·ver·tise/ˈadvərˌtîz/

Verb:

1.Describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

2.Seek to fill (a vacancy) by putting a notice in a newspaper or other medium: "for every job we advertise we get a hundred applicants".

So can someone tell me why I was banned, because I never drew attention, publicly announced, nor promoted that server.

My In-game name: SN1PER_G0R1LLA

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:08:32 pm by Fetchmetheirsouls »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Banned? - Why Am I Banned
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:24:51 pm »
ad·ver·tise/ˈadvərˌtîz/

Verb:

1.Describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

This is exactly the reason you were banned.  As I was not present I can not judge, but if you posted the server info in the General or Local channel instead of sending it through a private message that is advertising another server and it is a banable offense weather or not someone asked you for the information.

Grimspell is the individual who banned you and you will have to wait for his response to your appeal.  Considering you've been banned 3 times for griefing, and now a fourth time for advertising another server, your chances don't look too good.  Please wait for Grimspell to reply to your appeal before you post further.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: SN1PER_G0R1LLA Ban Appeal
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:06:22 am »
He sent it as a PM to Nseth99. Although it doesn't pick that up on optihelp.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

NSeth99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:11:41 am »
THIS is true he did send me a pm after I ASKED HIM DO U KNOW ANY GOOD hunger games servers. HE is my friend and i know he wouldnt advertise. IT was a pm and if it was considered advertising then ban me cause i asked him for the server he didnt just blurt it out. GRIMSPELL plz read this post with consideration and kindness  :-\

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 03:39:47 pm »
He sent it as a PM to Nseth99. Although it doesn't pick that up on optihelp.

Exactly, for it to be picked up by Optihelp it would have to have been heard by a moderator.  Since neither Nseth99 nor Sn1per_G0r1lla are moderators there isn't really any way for Grimspell to have known about the message.  It had to be said publicly...

...or a ticket was created by Sn1per before the PM was sent and it showed the message via the ticket.

Either way, I sent Grimspell a PM to respond to this appeal, please continue to wait for his reply.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:54:32 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Fetchmetheirsouls

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 05:11:28 pm »
1.  I did send it in a P.M.

2. When Will Grimspell Reply?

3. Should I be banned why would it be permanent?

4. If I am permenantly banned please make sure that all of my stuff is destroyed.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »
Keep in mind that the ticket system does, in fact, catch PMs if they contain any of the trigger words within them or if a ticket is still active it will catch anything that a player says.

PM'ing another person regarding servers, as long as it stays within a 1-1 conversation, is allowed-- though not completely encouraged. If it was a mass PM sent to multiple people, it would be a different story.

This ban probably wasn't necessary, but given the circumstances, grimspell probably interpreted it as a public message, since the ticket system does not specify if it was a private or public broadcast message.

Ultimately, it is up to Grimspell to decide.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:16 am »
This sounds like a big misunderstanding and Grim hasn't gotten back yet so I'm going to pardon you, but you have been banned 3 times already, you were and still are on your last chance.

Grimspell

• Coddle me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 10:06:58 pm »

It appeared to have been public, my apologies. When I looked on Saturday for any ban appeals, none were yet made before I had to leave. I would have pardoned you as well, it was my misunderstanding.

Again, I apologize.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:23 am »
Well, looks like sn1per_g0r1lla has a lot of explaining to do since we did a lot of MAJOR X-Ray crackdown on the server today.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 03:46:09 am »
I've rebanned Sn1per_G0r1lla for unquestionable X-Ray usage.  Before you ask Sn1per;

BAN APPEAL DENIED

Enjoy the show...  Clicky Clicky!

.... Case closed, TOPIC LOCKED.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:16:03 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 04:56:48 am »
I'm adding this statement to this ban due to being bugged by multiple sources to "transfer ownership" of Sn1per_G0r1lla's property.

First... the items belong to Sn1per, not you, and he's banned permanently.

Second... the chests are locked to Sn1per and for a mod to take items, even if it's to distribute them, would be an abuse of power.

Third... due to Sn1per using X-Ray to obtain the items they are illegal in nature.

All of that said, and due to the aforementioned pestering, there is only one option.  I located Sn1per's multiple storage locations and have removed the chests, furnaces, and all of their contents from the server.  It was very painful watching all those materials burn, but NO ONE will benefit from the X-Ray usage Sn1per_G0r1lla performed.  You may now stop asking me for his items.

Thank you for your cooperation.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!