May 13, 2024, 09:40:54 pm

Author Topic: /Helpop  (Read 7190 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: /Helpop
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 02:35:32 am »
Also, as far as I know the way this would work would have to be reset every time. For example It gets implemented today, then let's say 6 months from now you make a ticket, it will say Ticket Number 890969476987. In order for this to not happen, someone would need to reset the ticket count every time Mods close a ticket. Which would be a pain in the ass.

Very true!  It's not only telling you where you are in line when you create the ticket.  It'll have to keep track of your position in the queue, which would be a mess if someone was forgetting to close their tickets (which happens occasionally).
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:25 am »
Also, as far as I know the way this would work would have to be reset every time. For example It gets implemented today, then let's say 6 months from now you make a ticket, it will say Ticket Number 890969476987. In order for this to not happen, someone would need to reset the ticket count every time Mods close a ticket. Which would be a pain in the ass.

Very true!  It's not only telling you where you are in line when you create the ticket.  It'll have to keep track of your position in the queue, which would be a mess if someone was forgetting to close their tickets (which happens occasionally).

Who says that this can't happen automatically? Surely Optical could design some code to make this automatic.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

Who says that this can't happen automatically? Surely Optical could design some code to make this automatic.

What, automatic closing tickets?  Ohhhhh no...  That's not gonna happen, I'll fight it.  There are plenty of reasons to actually leave tickets open for a little while, but that'll screw with the counter.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 08:43:12 am »
You can close tickets  :o?

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 10:06:16 am »

What, automatic closing tickets?  Ohhhhh no...  That's not gonna happen, I'll fight it.  There are plenty of reasons to actually leave tickets open for a little while, but that'll screw with the counter.

I think he Ment every time your ticket changed it would come up 'New postion 4' Or something

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »
You can close tickets  :o?

Yea, we have to close the tickets manually when we're done with them.  Otherwise they'll just sit there till the player logs out.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!