May 18, 2024, 05:09:53 am

Author Topic: A little detail but not useless  (Read 3175 times)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
A little detail but not useless
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:53 pm »
Hi guys,

An idea came to me, there can be a message or something sent by the server to the player whenever someone comes to his sethome. Example: " atdfbttl15 came to your house! " There can even be a history of people who go to the a player's house. The player can access to this history by entering a command so that he can know who came to his house or not.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Check it out! ;)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: A little detail but not useless
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:55:52 pm »
You mean, when someone types "/home atdfbttl15" and it isn't you, the console will send you a message saying, "_____ visited your house"?

Interesting idea, could backfire with a lot of false "griefer" messages though.  There are quite a few players who yell "Grief" if they even see someone walking around their house.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:24:03 am »
Interesting idea, could backfire with a lot of false "griefer" messages though.  There are quite a few players who yell "Grief" if they even see someone walking around their house.

Exactly. I often go on "server tours" of just typing a random letter, hitting [tab] and hoping for the best. If I was accused of grief every time, I would not be able to do this. I don't see the point of this tbh, if you get griefed, a mod can tell who did it. Otherwise, why is this needed?

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:51:20 am »
this is a bad idea as for now is the only way to travel.
some of us can travel even when the 'home' owner it isnt online, so....what should be done with that? its an extra job for mods to check another list. because if the grief is in place, only one from that list did it, and that can be also checked with rollblock.

ps: atd, think at what we ve got on our home, nate's home is in our town spawn, many can pass over there, see what i mean? we re using homes for warping somehow, as we dont have warps or anything for travelling between towns.

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:01:20 am »
I think you are right.

Check it out! ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:58 am »
I am not against neither for, for that idea.
There is no reason for that to exist, since it is just a note.
If you have protected home, then you are safe. If not, then.....
If Optical is not bored to code this, then its ok.

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:45:20 am »
It should not be that hard. Also there can be a command which stops the "_____ went to your house!" for people who dont want it.

Check it out! ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »
You mean, when someone types "/home atdfbttl15" and it isn't you, the console will send you a message saying, "_____ visited your house"?

Its a good idea but yeah lets also sat Massive city or event going on Chat box spamming

_____ entered your house time 200 a minute

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 01:01:10 am »

Its a good idea but yeah lets also sat Massive city or event going on Chat box spamming

Who says that it must be global? It could be coded to only appear to that client and no one else. If that person decides to use that information regarding chatting, then that person may do it, as long as they do not spam the chat.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »

Who says that it must be global? It could be coded to only appear to that client and no one else. If that person decides to use that information regarding chatting, then that person may do it, as long as they do not spam the chat.

Want i ment was the persons /home it was if there was a person out to annoy people could just type /home ____ over and over

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21:30 pm »
Guys, there can be a command to mute this message for people who don't want it.

Check it out! ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 03:02:44 pm »
Guys, there can be a command to mute this message for people who don't want it.

Ok thats Improved the whole idea but still bit pointless
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:07:02 pm by zxSM1FFYzx »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »
The wise words of Master Xeadin.

Quote from: Xeadin
Also, this cannot happen, because it has to be the Plugin Deveolpers (and ONLY the plugin developers) to implement this into the plugin. Currently that won't happen because of relatively low demand in general, though correct me if I am wrong.

In short, WE ARE NOT THE PLUGIN DEVELOPERS, so please stop asking us to make plugin-specific additions, because that is NONE of our business. If you want changes made to any plugin, please consult the plugin developers themselves.

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:27 pm »
The wise words of Master Xeadin.

Quote from: Xeadin
Also, this cannot happen, because it has to be the Plugin Deveolpers (and ONLY the plugin developers) to implement this into the plugin. Currently that won't happen because of relatively low demand in general, though correct me if I am wrong.

In short, WE ARE NOT THE PLUGIN DEVELOPERS, so please stop asking us to make plugin-specific additions, because that is NONE of our business. If you want changes made to any plugin, please consult the plugin developers themselves.

What is the point of this quote with this topic i didnt get it. I don't ask operators or moderators to program this plugin, I'm just telling people that it would be good.

Check it out! ;)