May 17, 2024, 02:38:18 am

Author Topic: Moderator App Spyow7 N#2  (Read 7925 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator App Spyow7 N#2
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 11:58:15 pm »
I do a lot of searching before I give my support to someone, but unfortunately in your case I found this...

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9869.msg88028.html#msg88028

You were banned only 15 days ago for loosing your temper and swearing.

A mod has to be able to handle his temper no matter what's going on.  You WILL have players argue with you, you WILL have players lie to you, and you WILL have players annoy the heck out of you.  It's part of the job.  If you can't handle your temper when someone refuses to leave a location then you'll never be able to handle the day to day stuff that a mod has to put up with.

I'm sorry, but at this time I wouldn't support your application.  Maybe down the road if things improve.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 06:56:30 am »
I do a lot of searching before I give my support to someone, but unfortunately in your case I found this...

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9869.msg88028.html#msg88028

You were banned only 15 days ago for loosing your temper and swearing.

A mod has to be able to handle his temper no matter what's going on.  You WILL have players argue with you, you WILL have players lie to you, and you WILL have players annoy the heck out of you.  It's part of the job.  If you can't handle your temper when someone refuses to leave a location then you'll never be able to handle the day to day stuff that a mod has to put up with.

I'm sorry, but at this time I wouldn't support your application.  Maybe down the road if things improve.
I guess now you've posted this nobody else is going to support. On this day I was extremely ill, in a bad mood and got wound up. After I raged, I admitted I was wrong and appologised in global to everyone. You have to belive me, I'm not always like that. Sorry
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:01:24 am by spyow7 »

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:44 am »
It is just one person so it doesnt really even matter.  ;D

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 03:02:01 am »
unfortunately mini it dose in a admins eyes i still support u though i hope the admins can over look this.

Spyow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:58 am »
Thanks guys, but Viper's pretty much crushed my chances. Thanks for the support everybody.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »
Thanks guys, but Viper's pretty much crushed my chances. Thanks for the support everybody.

Why are you hating on me?  I didn't ban you, and I had nothing to do with your rage.  You don't think Nick and the others are smart enough to look for previous bans when they get a mod application?  That's one of the first things they do!  If I were you I would have been up-front about the ban right in your application instead of hoping nobody would drag it up.  Hey, nobody's perfect.  Check out my old application;

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9192.0.html

I pretty much say that I don't know if I'll have the time to be a mod and I don't know if I'll like being a mod.  That's hardly something you would include in a job application.  But hey, that's me.  I'm honest, sometimes brutally, and I think Nick appreciated that I wasn't blowing sunshine up his arse.

Personally, I'd say a mod app only 15 days after a ban is pretty much destined to fail unless something amazing happens.  You should have known that when you were making the app request.  Don't think that I don't believe you Spywow, because I do.  Don't think that I hate you, because I don't.  You've been a good player on the server and sometimes bad things happen to good players.  It's not the end of the world.  There will be other openings down the road and, with everything positive said here, if you stay away from any other bans and just keep helping as you have been I'm sure you'll eventually become a mod.  Chin up!

That said, a moderator has to keep their attitude in check even if they're having the worst day in their life.  Try to work on that man, I know you can do it.  Just this past week I've lost my TV, my cell phone's been disconnected, my car was broken into, I've got major drama happening at work, I have a woman in my life that I think is cheating on me, my brother's wedding is in 4 weeks and I have no clue how I'm going to afford it, I got a kitten that pisses on the carpet every time I'm at work, and my allergies are the worst they've been so far this year.  Do you see me ripping flames across the server?  No...  Having a bad day/week/life isn't an excuse to rage.  If you feel yourself getting fired up, just walk away.  Log out of the game until you cool down.  You're not the only one.  I am glad to hear you apologized.  That's a bonus.

Like I said, keep your chin up and keep doing what you're doing.  If I don't see a ban on your record next time you make an app you'll definitely see a supported from me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:12:54 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »
Wow now viper knows what he is talking about don't worry just look at viper's application and try to help the community like he did. I am sure that u will have the chance to reapply eventually. But hey it is not over till an admin makes a final statement.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:19:52 pm by techdude98 »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 07:15:53 pm »
But hey it is not over till and admin makes a final statement.

This is absolutely true.  I'm not the final judge, I'm just making sure all the cards are out on the table.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Spyow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »

This is absolutely true.  I'm not the final judge, I'm just making sure all the cards are out on the table.

Thanks, but Viper's pretty much crushed my chances.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »

Again, as I've already explained, I didn't crush your chances.  The ban would have been seen by the admins whether I brought it up or not.  Don't get mad at me for something you did.  I've given you some suggestions for your next application, hopefully you'll follow them.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Spyow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 08:44:54 pm »

Again, as I've already explained, I didn't crush your chances.  The ban would have been seen by the admins whether I brought it up or not.  Don't get mad at me for something you did.  I've given you some suggestions for your next application, hopefully you'll follow them.

Lock this.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 08:49:38 pm »

Lock this.

Done
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 09:44:34 pm »
Spyow7 has requested I move this application to rejected due to recent events.  I have done so, again upon his request.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!