May 13, 2024, 01:16:53 pm

Author Topic: ~~ATTENTION MODS~~  (Read 2160 times)

Creepercicker

• View Profile
    • http://signaturecraft.us/create_signature.php
~~ATTENTION MODS~~
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:34:07 pm »
so i was thinking about a way to clean up the server.

1) If you know what green up day is skip to paragraph #2  if you do not know what green up day is stay tuned! Green up day is something we do in America. It consists of walking along the roads and rivers picking up garbage. then we put the garbage bags on the side of the road and a garbage truck picks them up.

2) at the end of the roads of spawn is a F*#$ck fest of greifed buildings and a mess of holes. its like running through a battle field that was just bombed. i propose that the mods (id love to help) rollback the land there of all destoryed houses and pointless holes. so what do you say? server green up day?

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ATTENTION MODS~~
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:55:03 pm »
Sounds like an awesome idea! i definitely think that at the end of path the area is a wasteland, and i presume hardly anyone actually lives there!
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »
Why 1) and 2) ??!!??
I think has been discussed if I am not mistaken.
Moreover, I helped a new player to get adjusted to the server, and I gave him some tips.
Did you know what he did? He went at the wrap station. He didnt go to the edge of the spawn. So, a few see this "mess".

But I belive that the MODs should do that in their unoccupied time.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:10:19 pm »
I think I already said something about this in another topic. There are so many people that have done that that you need a army of mods to clean all the mess up. Don't forgot that this is a survival server. In your own survival server you don't clean up your mines, deserts for sand, places where dirt are taken, and other stuff. And don't forgot, some are walkways to homes. I don't think anybody makes a house in a griefed mine. But you never know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:07 pm »
I have always thought about doing that but the problem is when you do a rollback for a player and their stuff is near by it will be gone. IF that player had some issue that they had to take care of and thats why they haven't been on what should they do if their stuff is just gone. I agree most of it is just grief but there is just to much. It needs a redo of just that part of the map; that will be very difficult. If any other mods have any ideas on how to clean it up please tell me I'm willing to try it.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:25:33 pm »
Although griefed land may look ugly, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
There will always be grief.

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 03:29:21 pm »
hahahahahah..... Xdeekay....the vid below your comment made me laugh sp hard!!!

Bahraindude_2497

• The Watcher
  • I'm always watching you - Greifers - ALWAYS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »
As much as it's a great idea I think that once we clean it up it'll only take a matter of days before it looks as it was before the Green Day  :-\...Great Idea though and i'd love to help out if this were to be applied  :D

Chicken walking to GLOBAL DOMINATION!

Creepercicker

• View Profile
    • http://signaturecraft.us/create_signature.php
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »
thanks for all the replies! ya i see how this would take awhile...but who says we have to do it all in one day. also isnt there a 3 week rules. if a griefed house has been around for 3 weeks and no one has claimed it or been using it, then it is deemed inactive and thus can be rolledback. i could be wrong tho im not totally familiar with all the rules.