April 20, 2024, 10:42:26 am

Author Topic: Player Rules and Guidelines  (Read 41372 times)

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Player Rules and Guidelines
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »
Is it possible for a town to add on to these rules, but they only apply in that town?

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »
Is it possible for a town to add on to these rules, but they only apply in that town?
Well these are the server wide rules. If you can follow those rules, I don't see any harm in establishing town-specific rules. As long as it doesn't in any way break the server rules.

Of course that's just what I think...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:42:52 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »
Most of the rules and guidelines of the server already apply to the towns/ cities, so it's pretty common sense-- however, if you have additional rules and/ or guidelines to add to that specific town, that is your (or the town owner's) preference.

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:26 pm »
Okay. Just thinking of creating a town and it would have some rules that would only apply to the poeple in the town.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »
1.   Players cannot own mobs spawners. Mob spawners are made by the server so a player cannot claim that a mob spawner is theirs. What a player can do is build around the mob spawner so someone would have to grief to get inside.
Does this mean I am not allowed to place PS near it? Because if I need to build around it I need to make a lot of furnaces so that nobody can break it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 06:06:43 pm »
You are allowed to place a Protection Stone next to the spawner-- you cannot 'own' the spawner, since there are only so few of them on the server that are generated by the map.

dustingibson

• View Profile
Player Rules and Guidelines
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:52 pm »
Recently I created a machine that mixes lava and water to make cobblestone. So I could mine cobblestone within the safety
of my home. I was then told I had to destroy it. I'm just curious why.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »
Cobblestone Generators are allowed, but do not ask a moderator or higher to place lava to create one for you. We just won't do that for you.

Also, to touch up on another rule that hasn't been represented in the current list of rules, we do not encourage spamming the chat with nonsense or repeating the same thing over and over again. This has been most prominent with advertising shops and trades. This is what the Trade channel is for, but yet people still spam the Global chat regularly. We would like to put an end to that or at least reduce the amount of spam we have been receiving.

If you have to advertise regularly, please try to make it a goal to advertise at least once every minute or so. This is so that the chat doesn't fill up so much more than it already is.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:33:47 am by Nyssa »

jake122212121

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 08:55:12 am »
5.   Be careful who you trade with, not everyone is trustworthy.
If someone steals your money or item would reporting them do any good or would you just say not everyone is trustworthy

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 06:43:31 pm »
IF you can show the proof by screenshots or other means, justice can be done. Otherwise, you need to be cautious of whom you trade with.

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:18 pm »
what about stealing?

Victor1261

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »
IF you can show the proof by screenshots or other means, justice can be done. Otherwise, you need to be cautious of whom you trade with.

My question is, how would you show proof with screen shots? It's not like you could prove that they were supposed to give you the money even if you took the screen shots.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »
My question is, how would you show proof with screen shots? It's not like you could prove that they were supposed to give you the money even if you took the screen shots.

Because we, as staff members, don't see the transactions going on between two different players, so we have no clue if someone is in fact telling the truth or if they're lying by just 'saying' that "So-and-so stole from me" or "robbed me of my money or goods" by just words alone.

That's where screenshots can come into play. The screenshots give us a better understanding because:

1. It shows us the situation between you and the other player from YOUR perspective
2. It gives us an idea of what to do if it is a robbery or if it is not

Generally, low-value items, such as cobblestone or sand won't warrant a big consequence. but stealing high-value items, such as ores or magic weapons/ armor and the like, can carry on lasting consequences.

In general, it is advised to be careful with whom you are trading with, but if this person is purposefully stealing from other players, we can determine that pattern and hammer them hard if possible.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:14 pm »
Im pretty sure that no one follows the rule about owning mob spawners

Victor1261

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »
Im pretty sure that no one follows the rule about owning mob spawners

They lock the mob spawner and put furnaces all around it. They may not own it, but other people can't get to it without their permission.

And a quick question, can you use silk touch and mine out a mob spawner? If you can, would that be breaking the rules?