April 18, 2024, 08:41:30 am

Author Topic: 100Penguin - Ban Appeal iceblaze123  (Read 5458 times)

iceblaze123

• View Profile
100Penguin - Ban Appeal iceblaze123
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:32:46 pm »
Name: iceblaze123

Reason you were banned: "Insulting players, threatening behaviour."

Who banned you: iceblaze123

Why you should be unbanned:
     First of all I think there is a misunderstanding. On 1/15/17 I had an altercation with another player on the server. The dispute did not last long and was peacefully resolved by Alicia. Following the in game apprehension I ignored the other player and focused on finishing my project. The next day on 1/16/17 I found myself banned for insulting other players and threatening others. I know I was on my last warning and thus made sure always when I played to keep it cool and mature. What I did could be seen controversial depending on your stance but I feel as though it was not worthy as a ban; especially when it was resolved in game. In the heat of the moment I thought the other player was taking offense when I asked him a simple question which in turn offended me, especially since my background is African.
    In conclusion I feel as the ban was not appropriate given the situation. I am aware that I was on my last warning (when I was banned 4 years ago) however this was just a measly altercation which was quickly resolved peacefully on both sides. Opticraft is the only Minecraft server I now play and would hate to be forever ostracized from the fun it brings. The few active players can attest that I have been active the past few weeks and I am not a troll but instead a player. I ask the staff to carefully consider this appeal as it may sound familiar, but I really mean what I say. The server is entertaining and I feel as though a measly dispute is not appropriate to forever end one's fun on the server. If a temporary ban is needed for me to cool down, I can see the logic behind that, but a permanent ban from my perspective is outlandish.

Thank you to all staff

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: 100Penguin - Ban Appeal iceblaze123
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »
Firstly, your ban was made permanent not just because of the number of your bans, but also their nature - you've already been banned twice for racism and harassing players. Disregarding your other two bans for grief, it was quite right of me to take this situation very seriously due to it's nature. The fact you got into this situation is the problem, not that it was resolved (Which it apparently wasn't). I judged the severity of  your ban purely on your own actions, and not on those who were around you or encouraged you - I am aware that other players were being disruptive at the time. I have talked with Lando_v and he was not pleased with this 'altercation', and actually mentioned it to me the next day. Length of conversation does not make a difference; just to clarify, the conversation you had lasted [sporadically] from 10.36pm until 2.23am the following morning.

I see no reason to unban you, or shorten the length of the ban. Feel free to try and provide one.