Would you support such changes?

Yes
28 (38.4%)
No
17 (23.3%)
I support some of them
28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Proposed smp changes  (Read 96265 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed smp changes
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2016, 03:45:39 am »
If you have any additional input feel free to add it, as for what has already been said; we've talked about it and not come to any definite decisions/future polls as of yet since we've all been kinda busy so we can still discuss stuff, but it is clear a large amount of players  (48/64 votes, 75%) want some sort of change. I don't know if Nick has attempted any sort of market/pvp replacement coding-wise yet (or if he is planning to). As said before, we don't have any idea when/if stuff will be implemented, and while we can do stuff in-game any plugin changes Optical gets the final stay in.
Nothing has been approved by optical so nothing at all has been done.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2016, 12:57:02 am »
A server-wide reset would 100% get me back in the game.
I haven't really been following along with the discussion, is a server wipe still being considered?
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2016, 03:49:56 am »
benc, it'd be really informative if you read the first post…

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2016, 07:17:39 am »
oh right lol
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2016, 07:16:41 pm »
So, after reading about 90% of all the posts, here is my opinion for each topic:

Server Wipe- While crossed out, I would very much enjoy a server wipe(but there's a catch). It is clear that the worlds (especially the older ones) are filled with unfinished and abandoned projects, whose builders have been offline for more than 2 years. Why can't we give players room to build over these ghost projects. There are two arguments against a wipe, stating "There's plenty of room to build at the corner" and "It isn't fair to active players on those worlds." For the "room at the corner" argument is true, it isn't fun to travel hundreds of thousands of blocks(minutes and maybe even hours irl) to get to an open, unclaimed area of land to build. To address the "active player" argument, could we not transfer builds from one world to another with say, if possible, World Edit? This would allow small number of active players to continue their build with, now, a much greater area of land, while *weeding* out the inactive for +2 years players? And I would hope for nostalgia, these worlds would be for download.

Simplification/Removal of Economy System- Kinda? As I have read and agree with, the underlying issue with the economy system is that you can buy/sell blocks out of thin air. How economies work irl is through supply/demand, but an artificial economy which has no sense of supply and demand breaks everything. Remember years ago when everyone made those huge automatic melon farms and would sell the melons to the market? That was solely based because of the artificial nature of it. If the melons had to be sold to players, the price of melons would have dropped dramatically(due to them being so plentiful), and the amount of melon farms would have dropped because of it. So what is needed is the removal of the market, while keeping currency, and allowing trading between players through a plugin that allows you to put items in a chest with a sign, and buy through the player made sign(could be refined). This would, at least,
I believe, to fix the broken nature of the economy, as if tons of players are selling cobblestone for $1,000,000 a stack, the players would deem this unreasonable and the price would drop. Maybe voting, instead of giving you diamonds and taking away survival aspect, would give you money(to kick start the economy system)?

PvP Modes- *sigh.* This is a matter(or at least what I have read it to be) of what Opticraft *is.*I personally played Opticraft to survive, explore, and build with my friends. I did not play to PvP. I'm sure refining the PvP mode would attract new players, but would it be Opticraft? That is more of a philosophical question and identity. I an indifferent to this addition.

Player Trading System- See above on Economy System

Points System-No. It seems to me that points would replace the money, and I am against that(see above)

Changed to player defined protection field system- I am not really sure what this entails. Do the players decide where the protection is? This seems to me just like pstones

Also, are we trying to attract newer players or bring back old ones?