April 18, 2024, 03:43:06 pm

Author Topic: Story of Kascas the Melon man  (Read 9850 times)

Kascas

• View Profile
Story of Kascas the Melon man
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:39:20 am »
Hey i thought id check back in after years, for fun :)
Just for a visit, will be gone again, before someone seen me XD
Riding my waterslide solo :) appearently its broken now as boats have new mechenics lol.

Thought it would be fun to share my story how i got the money, how i beat competition, howmuch or few i cheated, why in the end i was only playing on my alt etc.
The last question has an epic fail answer haha. Maybe there are not many of you left, but at least i can make a few people smile :p
Just for entertainment purposes for those who played with me :)

How i made my money:
Melons: 30%
Cheating: 10%
36 players farming money, just to spend it on /pay kascas 60% :)

=====Kascas the Noob=====
boring blablabla, classic mode, made mazes, got my own map, been a mod.

=======Kascas the SMPer=======
finally switched to smcp, i liked the money system, gave me a nice goal to work for.
i seen the fun markets of the kiddos, and i knew they could improve so much, so my goal would be to beat them :)
visited the global market and searched for the best way to gain money.
when i spotted the melon price i laughed hard, so overpowered, so i made my first imfamous melon farm :)
fully automatic afking myself to the top of the balance, not much competition at that time.

=====Kascas the richest man=====
When i was on or near the top, i revealed how i did it, and my afk farming was banned later due lagg issues, i needed to make it with a button.
Still rising in cash, i hired people to click the button for me, in return they get a good part of the melon gold.
Competition for employes rose, so i made a system of ranks, so they can pay for priority.
Knowing this makes me even more money then the farm itself, i expanded the rank system letting them unlock perks at certain donating tresholds.
You can visit /home kascas oldfarms for all the ranked players and differend perk rooms.

=====Competition=====
Then my first real competition came, some dude with to much money, wanted in on the action and threw real life money at opticraft to compete with me.
Ofcourse my melons were not able to keep up with this guy and his money, but what he didnt knew was that meanwhile melons were no longer my main income.
In the end i had 36 players, who bought into my farm, competing with each other donating me for their name on my wall.
So everytime he bought himself to the top to show off for his girlfriend, i motivated some farmers to donate me back to the top haha. This went on quite a while.
Some might hate the business man, but hey, i gave 36 players a fun thing to do, to make a name for themselfs and made opti rich with money donations from competitors. Id say that was quite a good boost for the server.......and ofcourse for me :)

=====Nerfs=====
Not knowing what to do with all the money, i made a few of my old fun interactive maze thingies, a skydive etc.
Trying to let people enjoy my builds, by playing in it, rather then building something they look at and pass by.
When they finally realised melons are way to op, they cutted the prices in half, i complained ofcourse, but even half the money is still a ton.

=====Real Competition=====
Finally another mastermind joined the server with the same goal as mine, he made a farm that was smaller then mine.
But somehow the magician gained faster then me. even with the help of my 36 man farm team he still outrunned me.
Ofcourse im not gonna let that happen, so i build a 2nd farm, bigger then he could ever build. Cause i had to much time to blow :)
The result was a farm using boats that was bigger and more efficient then anything can compete with.
Yet it produced so much lagg, the output was actualy less then my first farm -.- so it made no sence, so i called an admin to destroy it.
Those who seen the destruction that didnt remove the boats itself, have had a great show, looking at boat armagadon :)
Admins went to discuss about the farms, as more people went to build their own farms, causing lagg issues.
Just a couple days before his small efficient farm would beat me, the melons were removed from the market. game over i win hahahahahahahahahahaa rekt.
obviously he ragequited as his whole server career was just banned. I also complained, but in the end i realised this means no one can beat me now :)

=====Melonless world=====
What to do with all the money in the world? Build ofcourse, so i figured, people were tired of my name up on the list.
I put all my money in expensive stuf, to build a new lobby home near my slide and skydive. with signs of links to my projects.
And expanded the fun with a parcour a maze etc. check /home kascas.

=====Cheating mode activated=====
Been a moderator for a while, but only in the end of my last mod period i discovered what other mods before me discovered aswell :)
Hello duping infinite money power o.O
Well i wasnt going to be as stupid as the other banned mods, and i didnt need money anyway, so i just duped a bit for fun and to finish up my last project.
about 10% of my total cash i think.

=====The last days=====
No more competition to beat, most fun projects done, i lost my motivation and left for a while.
When i returned i lost my mod rights ofcourse, but somehow retained godmode power??? didnt want to tell it, as then they would think im cheating somehow.
So i hiden it, which was surprisingly easy while their are so many ways of taking damage. Mods even seen me take no damage a few times, but no one noticed.
Started some new projects, but ran out of money, so i tryed getting mod again for duping some more, but they kept rejecting, like why??? im a great mod.....
besides the cheating at the end :) but i was the richest already anyway, just did it to make new fun projects for the other players to enjoy.
So without duping i needed a new way for money. Was working on my newest project, a 5x spider farm, to build some op dia sets with epic names,
They sold to rich people for great prices, enough for me to finish my empire of public farms and adventure.
When i was about finished with yet another project, i was a bit tired, and the community went a bit down. So i had few motivation but kept playing.

=====The Dead of Kascas=====
Did i die? No ofcourse not, cause im still in godmode :)
But do you remember this cool place, where you cant tp out of? And do you remember this terrifying cliff with lava down below?
Well....im a god, im not afraid, so yolo i jumped in.........................................................baaaaaaaaaaad idea.
I might be a god, but i cant fly, nor can i die, nor teleport due the area restriction.......i tried a few things, like dropping eyes of ender down with my alt, but no succes.
I coudnt call a mod to help me, cause they would punish me for having godmode eventho i wasnt abusing it, while i coudnt find a way to turn it off.
So i figured i made another mod application so i could fly out :) again declined -.- fml

I will now spend the rest of my optilife, burning in a lava prison.
RIP Kascas
the end :)
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Story of Kascas the Melon man
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »
 :D

Also your story kinda makes you seem like an asshole, man. But hey

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »
So what happened to all of your money?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:28:00 am »
You should slap a cover on this and call it "The Great Kascas". It'll be read in Opticraft history classes forever.

So, even if it's not the Nether, you're condemned to burn eternally in your own personal Hell?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 02:44:32 am »
Well alright then.

As for the godmode thing, mods who were demoted often get stuck in godmode. We wouldn't think you were cheating, we knew it happened, and wasn't hard to fix if you told us (although, doesn't sound like you would have either way lol)

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 09:15:53 am »
:D

Also your story kinda makes you seem like an asshole, man. But hey

i know :) im not expecting praises here, just wanted to entertain the people that know me :) Those that do, wont talk bad about me.
Dont really care if the others or the few enemies i had, see me as bad now, i dont play anymore anyway, and i dont see myself that way.
Like these people giving me money just loved to pay me anyway, they bought a fun community with it playing together in my melon family.
And the melon machine itself, was at some point an optical real money donation machine, everytime i pressed it my concurention had to donate :)
With the money i builded some things for entertainment, public farms etc. All good for both the server and my status :)

I found my "dead" stupid funny, just wanted to share that haha, haters gonna hate :)

@sugna, oh and the money, i thought they would be tired of seeing me on top, so what i did with it, you can see at /home kascas :)
@taryn oh i would if i knew, i coudnt use it anyway and i didnt want to get caught at some point.
i was thinking about saying it in the first place, but i only discovered after quite a while so i figured that might not be wise to say it so late :)

I think 1 day i will return, when a random new mod is online and call them for help, while running around in burning lava :):):):):)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:31:12 am by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

Quattro92

• Saving the world one day at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:24:03 am »
Oh how I remember all that wasted time just so I could climb up your wall of fame!

It seemed every time I wanted to get access to another area of your farm the prices would rise.

Good times.

PIXELDUDE2001

• a rogue god
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 01:42:49 am »
So that's where all those boats came from...

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 03:21:25 pm »
If you could tell people how to get to you we could organize a user-driven rescue mission. :)
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »
I spend countless hours collecting pumpkins & melons. great times :)

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 02:08:54 am »
Well done. Great read