April 24, 2024, 05:51:34 am

Author Topic: Ban appeal (iScythe)(Scythe_)(Magijokins)  (Read 2163 times)

• View Profile
Ban appeal (iScythe)(Scythe_)(Magijokins)
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »
- Did you break any of the rules? :No
- Did you grief another players work? : Yes?javascript:void(0);
- Did you swear excessively? No
- Did you upset an operator/ moderator or cause general disrespect to other members/ players on the server? No
- Did you draw hateful symbols or say hateful remarks?No

Hi I'm Scythe, I believe sometime in April I was banned, I was shocked because I had no idea why I was banned.
I went to the website and looked up my ban, it says I griefed 40 blocks of beebodonavans placement.
I wasnt sure when or why or even if I did what I was accused of griefing, but I assure you, my days of recreating things without peoples permission were over, even if the things I re-created were amazing. So I tried to asked Roza what my ban was for but i couldn't get ahold of her on IRC or Creative. Then, I tried to get ahold of Beebodonavan, but her email adress was either changed or it just didnt work because when I tried to email her it says error sending.
So I asked my friends Earthyboyz why I was banned, but he almost never responds so I was lost. And I finally just accepted the fact that I was banned, i figured Roza probably didnt make a mistake and that there must have been an incident I forgot about. So I went a few months without opticraft. IT WAS TERRIBLE. As it turns out Opticraft was one of the only servers my computer wouldnt crash on. I had to play on other Boring servers, having to relog every ten seconds, I realized Minecraft isn't fun when you aren't actually playing it. I also noticed, opticraft is one of the best community a player could hope to be a part of, when I got banned it was like I couldn't talk to my friends, my good friends, they were almost always there to talk to, to vent to, and to ask for advice. i felt like half of my 1/3 of my life was missing and i was bored all the time.  Also, you may ask Why wait 2 or 3 Months to write an appeal? Well, I felt like I had to take some consequences for a mistake and that it might help me remember a little better not to make stupid mistakes, like rebuilding other peoples work.
All in all, Im very sorry and I will not make these careless mistakes anymore, and respect peoples work.
I hope you will give this appeal serious consideration.

-Scythe

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: Ban appeal (iScythe)(Scythe_)(Magijokins)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »
Hello
Firstly, you were banned for griefing beebodonavan. Normally, grief of less than 50 blocks of standard materials on the server would result in a moderate ban. However, due to the nature of the grief, and that this is a repeat offence (number 5) Roza acted in exactly the same way as I would have done. I am going to give you one final chance to prove that you mean well, and that this grief was a "mistake" as you put it. If any other grief is found from ANY time towards ANY player in the past though, I assure you you will be banned with no chance of an appeal being accepted for many months.
Enjoy the server, Happy gaming.