March 28, 2024, 10:28:55 am

Author Topic: Scandinavian City of waves and water  (Read 11104 times)

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
Scandinavian City of waves and water
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:59:04 am »
So, as most of you know.. I haven't played on this server for the better part of a year. As school has slowed down.. i've decided to get back in (slowly) you will see more of me online, and for thous of you who don't know me, I have a reputation of being helpful but also a slight bit mischievous. Here is a little project i was working on, over the time i was gone. It was built in purely survival single player, on hard difficulty.
-Booorad

Build (Process)

Finnished (so far)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:28:45 pm by Booorad »

JoeTheBro.

• My Anaconda Don't. Formerly Micah56
    • View Profile
Re: Scandinavian City of waves and water
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:18:55 am »
Hey, good to see you back!! Your designs look awesome, it will be interesting to see what you start building on opti again :) Although I've already seen u on, I look forward to seeing u again! Good luck

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:21:45 pm »
Welcome back to building, yet another beautiful creation.  Well done!

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 05:10:41 am »
Thanks a ton for the feed back, i appreciate the praise from such an accomplished builder such as yourself Gavin! not sure if i will be building much in Opti, as i no longer have the resource stock pile to even begin something of large scale :P

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:49 am »
not sure if i will be building much in Opti, as i no longer have the resource stock pile to even begin something of large scale :P

Then start mining! =D

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:27:02 am »
lol you'v got a point... not sure i want to put in the time tho!!

a1374thspartan

• Southern Moderator
  • "Every man dies, but not every man really lives"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:00:42 am »
I have tons of stone, dirt, gravel, etc. Let me know what you need and I will be happy to donate however much you need.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 04:28:01 am »
hey that would be sweet! although, i wouldn't want to take your resources ;p i am not a charity case dude :P

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 11:37:29 pm »
Ahhh are those non moody pictures? Cause they look really bright. Also, the color pallet between the wood and stone is really kinda unfair if that's kinda how I would say it, not saying it's bad but it looks like in some areas the stone is overpowering the wood. Also, this is my opinion you don't have to listen, but if you are going to use oak wood, use some wood beams in there, I haven't seen the build in game, but try adding wood logs going up through the middle on that huge oak wood roof, it's very flat and I think if you added more support and added some texture or maneuvers to the roof to give it shape, it would look amazing. The bridge detail is nice. Most likely my favorite part is that detail. Here's a recent picture I've been working on since nobody has seen me in a while if you need some inspiration,
http://i.imgur.com/LoT6BDR.png
http://i.imgur.com/Wt75pCL.png

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 05:17:52 pm »
Ahhh are those non moody pictures? Cause they look really bright. Also, the color pallet between the wood and stone is really kinda unfair if that's kinda how I would say it, not saying it's bad but it looks like in some areas the stone is overpowering the wood. Also, this is my opinion you don't have to listen, but if you are going to use oak wood, use some wood beams in there, I haven't seen the build in game, but try adding wood logs going up through the middle on that huge oak wood roof, it's very flat and I think if you added more support and added some texture or maneuvers to the roof to give it shape, it would look amazing. The bridge detail is nice. Most likely my favorite part is that detail. Here's a recent picture I've been working on since nobody has seen me in a while if you need some inspiration,
http://i.imgur.com/LoT6BDR.png
http://i.imgur.com/Wt75pCL.png

That review tho
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 11:24:04 pm »
Dear Gogar, although i do value your opinion, i would ask you the question: Do you understand that a Scandinavian fort was not made for "harmony and contrast"? it was built keeping in mind that the enemy may try to set it on fire, and there for no structural designs where made of wood, the roves where simply made of wood because the weight of stone would be to great. There are supports, and the building you are specifying is the blacksmith's shop, and traditionally had a flat roof, although its larger then it was in real life.  The type of wood most commonly available in these regions was Scotts pine, which grew in abundance near coastal cities and towns. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_pine) although, this castle i have constructed does contain mid century European designs in stone work, it has a constant Scandinavian theme throughout. no the pictures do not capture "mood" as i was taking them throughout the whole build, and i use no texture packs or shaders. if it is the roof of the main keep or hall you are referring to, it has large stone pillars (i will post more pictures inside) and the archway itself is self supporting, because of the way the bricks form the arch, and the overlapping angles. in actual masonry, you do not need a support to hold up an arch, because of this exact principle, the arch has a key stone holding both sides in place against each other.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:28:06 pm by Booorad »

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 05:41:23 am »
I love the realism you got into into it, that's nice. I just always try to mix my realism with minecraft, but I might have to change stuff to make it look nicer. That's all, but that is a cool project idea you have.