March 28, 2024, 07:04:14 pm

Author Topic: Creative Server Player Stats  (Read 13061 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Creative Server Player Stats
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:13:57 pm »
creative.opticraft.net
smp.opticraft.net

I know a fair few of you have been asking for stats for a while, and those of you wanting to see and compare them to one another will be happy to know the Creative server now has fully functioning statistics for players loaded onto it! These statistics include...

• Join Date - The day a player joined (DD/MM/YYYY), will start recording from today.
  • Last Online - When a player last logged into the server, or if they are online.
  • Total Logins - How many times a player has connected to the server.
  • Time Online - Total time a player has spent on the server, currently in seconds.
  • Blocks Placed - Total number of blocks placed by a player, doesn't include World Edit.
  • Blocks Broken - Total number of blocks griefed. Uhh, I mean, broken (please don't grief).
  • Lines Spoken - How many times a player has sent a chat message, doesn't include commands.
  • Total Votes - Total number of votes a player has attained, will not reset at the end of a month.

To view a player's stats, simply type /stats <player>

The stats are updated every time you log out of the server, so they will not update instantly when you are on the server. Because of the way this is set up it might be possible for web stats in the future, but for now, enjoy seeing how much life is wasted doing what you love! Big thanks to DeeKay for creating this additional part to the custom plugin!

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Server Player Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »
Thanks Deekay! Now it feels a lot more like Classic 2.0!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »
Thanks Deekay and Tobs!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:33 am »
Glad people are enjoying the stats. This was a fun (and often frustrating) feature to work on, but it's the start of some cool possibilities. Just a little update, "Time Online" will now be displayed as "Xd, Xh, Xm, Xs" rather than just seconds.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, be sure to let me know!

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:06:23 pm »
is there a way to see like the top 10 in each category? kinda like /baltop if not *nudges dk*   ::)
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »
is there a way to see like the top 10 in each category? kinda like /baltop if not *nudges dk*   ::)
Definitely possible with our setup, but I think /stats is as far as we want to go in terms of commands in-game. However, a stats page is in the works for here on the forum, and each category can be filtered from highest stats to lowest stats, achieving a similar effect as to what you suggested =)

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 07:31:48 pm »
Just finished the individual player search for the stats, passed it to tobs to style up :)!

Will now show players heads aswell!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 05:01:32 am »
Since the addition of the statistics, you guys have:

Logged into the server a total of 1883 times
Spent a total of 41 days, 1 hour, 49 minutes and 35 seconds on the server
Placed a total of 849078 blocks
Broken a total of 318761 blocks
Spoken a total of 40823 lines
Voted a total of 83 times

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 10:42:11 am »
Impressive!

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
Spent a total of 41 days, 1 hour, 49 minutes and 35 seconds on the server

We're in the future Marty!
IG - @oem_moses

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 12:14:49 pm »
Definitely possible with our setup, but I think /stats is as far as we want to go in terms of commands in-game. However, a stats page is in the works for here on the forum, and each category can be filtered from highest stats to lowest stats, achieving a similar effect as to what you suggested =)

that stats page could use a column for ranks if it's possible to do, would save us having to compile the creative ranks registry to keep track of what everyone is
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 01:07:42 pm »
that stats page could use a column for ranks if it's possible to do, would save us having to compile the creative ranks registry to keep track of what everyone is
I don't want it to seem like I'm turning these ideas down just because I can, but I personally said no to storing ranks because I simply don't feel it's a 'statisctic' the server needs. We kinda need to draw a line between what's necessary to keep track of, and what's not.

I'm also against the 'stats database' being used/accessed for/by things outside the stats page Tobs is setting up. We could throw tons of different things into the database that kinda have to do with stats, but I'd preferably want to keep things like that separate, and again try to draw a line.

Logging ranks is an interesting idea though, I can definitely see the advantages of doing it. Besides the ranks registry and maybe an in-game command, I'm curious what else it would be useful for?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 06:08:21 pm »
Logging ranks is pretty useless since pex does it for us.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 10:34:02 pm »
Still a WIP, been busy lately so not done much and want to make a neater and cleaner design.

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:37 pm »
That looks awesome. Good work!