April 18, 2024, 05:59:32 am

Author Topic: Mojang has been purchased by microsoft  (Read 27069 times)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mojang might be purchased by microsoft
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 04:47:15 pm »
dinnerbone notch n jeb have all left
Where are you getting this info from? Notch, yes. Dinnerbone and Jeb are still with Mojang.
It's lolspeak, he's trolling.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:50:25 pm by raul7legend »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mojang might be purchased by microsoft
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »
The way I see it, Microsoft got ripped off. They either have some amazing plan our they don't understand what made mine craft insanely popular. The development community is what mine craft owes it's success too. The way I see it, things like bukkit and stuff are just as responsible for the popularity of the game as mojang is.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Mojang has been purchased by microsoft
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 10:22:38 pm »
I think Microsoft will make updates better because it's hard for Mojang to add things such as the Sky Dimension and Red Dragon.  They were going to add it eventually but they have a lot of things to do.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »
I think Microsoft will make updates better because it's hard for Mojang to add things such as the Sky Dimension and Red Dragon.  They were going to add it eventually but they have a lot of things to do.
Microsoft also has more talented developers if they choose to add to the team mojang already has.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 12:15:01 am »
Microsoft also has more talented developers if they choose to add to the team mojang already has.
I agree, if you really think about it, what has mojang implemented that has been "game changing" lately?  They have been adding minor features, not really making anything extensively better aside from under the hood improvements.  And based on my huge drop of performance in 1.8, they failed miserably at that too.

I hope microsoft doesn't change too much or tamper with the developer community, they should just provide resources and reap the profits. 

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 02:25:48 am »
I thought I'd touch on this whole Bukkit subject too. Mojang acquired Bukkit back in 2012, so Microsoft now own the Bukkit project. This could either mean great things can happen, or Microsoft will just drop the whole thing or never realise they actually own the project.

Mojangs biggest point was they didn't wanna hire anyone specifically for Bukkit, but Microsoft have a considerably larger amount of resources for it. I have a strong feeling this isn't going to mean anything for Bukkit, if it does Microsoft will turn it into something you have to pay for, knowing what they're like.

Let's just hope for an official Minecraft server API one day.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:56:17 am by xDeeKay »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:19 am »
I thought I'd touch on this whole Bukkit subject too. Since Mojang acquired Bukkit back in 2012, so Microsoft now own the Bukkit project. This could either mean great things can happen, or Microsoft will just drop the whole thing or never realise they actually own the project.

Mojang a biggest point was they didn't wanna hire anyone specifically for Bukkit, but Microsoft have a considerably larger amount of resources for it. I have a strong feeling this isn't going to mean anything for Bukkit, if it does Microsoft will turn it into something you have to pay for, knowing what they're like.

Let's just hope for an official Minecraft server API one day.
And with Microsoft's skill, I would expect the api to be amazing.