March 29, 2024, 05:26:05 am

Author Topic: Kootra detained. Swatting  (Read 22795 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kootra detained. Swatting
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »
http://abc13.com/news/software-writer-in-la-marque-latest-swatting-victim/305170/

Latest swatting victim, Wesley Wolfe - Contributor to the Bukkit project.
TOP KEK I knew I recognised his name from somewhere!

While it may seem like "he deserves it" or whatever, this isn't funny or justified.

Just because someone (legally) screws over a community, doesn't mean that he should be subjected to this kind of emotional trauma.
No one here's saying that :o

Ah, okay. Maybe I took the "TOP KEK" the wrong way :P My bad.

What does TOP KEK even mean?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kek

It's roughly equivalent to saying "TOP LOL" which basically means "lmao". It's not unique to World of Warcraft, I've seen it around quite a bit.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 02:31:07 pm »
http://abc13.com/news/software-writer-in-la-marque-latest-swatting-victim/305170/

While it may seem like "he deserves it" or whatever, this isn't funny or justified.

Just because someone (legally) screws over a community, doesn't mean that he should be subjected to this kind of emotional trauma.

Just googled it, so far I just see a WoW translation for lol
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »

>being this new

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:37 pm »

>being this new
>using greentext outside of 4chan

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 04:00:52 am »

>being this new
>using greentext outside of 4chan
lol sorry I actually thought this was 4chan for a second

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2014, 04:59:50 am »
If you think America isn't becoming a police state you obviously don't remember what life was like before Sept 11, 2001. Human beings like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense, calling it, for example, "funny," "hilarious," or "entertaining." In addition, they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid, mentally unstable, illogical, and so self-absorbed that they can't see things for what they really are. This is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with one's life.
If you actually think America's becoming a police state, go to an actual police state and make a comparison rather than being an armchair anarchist that you plainly seem to be.
Calling who disagree with your opinion "blow off the truth" and whilst calling yourself "truth messenger" just makes you sound pretentious and self-absorbed, so don't be surprised if people tag you as an unstable person.

"Dont be surprised if people tag me as an unstable person" You just proved my point, LOL. Many civil liberties advocates, lawmakers, and organizations like the ACLU have concerns that America is slowly turning into a police state, are they all mentally unstable too? Yes, there are places that are a lot worse when it comes to freedom but notice how you are comparing America to the least free places, why not compare America to countries with the most freedom? If you truly believe the rights of Americans aren't slowly being curtailed, then you simply haven't been paying attention. I could go on and continue to argue my case but it would be a waste of time since you've already shown signs that you aren't open minded enough to consider a differing viewpoint by determining that I'm mentally unstable from a single forum post. If you want to continue living in your happy bubble reality that's fine with me.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:12:36 am by 5OO »

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:32 am »
I could go on and continue to argue my case but it would be a waste of time since you've already shown signs that you aren't open minded enough to consider a differing viewpoint by determining that I'm mentally unstable from a single forum post. If you want to continue living in your happy bubble reality that's fine with me.
Read my post again. Where did I ever call you out unstable? I think this is a good conversation piece, but saying things like -
you aren't open minded enough
truth messengers
blow off the truth
discard the truth
makes you sound pretentious as hell; and rather than having a constructive conversation with people, they would see you as a person who on his high horse because he acts like he knows better than everybody, and that those who disagree with your opinion are wrong. Learn connotations man, it's important.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:51:21 am by raul7legend »

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2014, 03:08:29 pm »
IG - @oem_moses

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:05 am »

Welcome to the internet, is this your first visit?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 04:27:54 am »
If you think America isn't becoming a police state you obviously don't remember what life was like before Sept 11, 2001. Human beings like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense, calling it, for example, "funny," "hilarious," or "entertaining." In addition, they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid, mentally unstable, illogical, and so self-absorbed that they can't see things for what they really are. This is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with one's life.
If you actually think America's becoming a police state, go to an actual police state and make a comparison rather than being an armchair anarchist that you plainly seem to be.
Calling who disagree with your opinion "blow off the truth" and whilst calling yourself "truth messenger" just makes you sound pretentious and self-absorbed, so don't be surprised if people tag you as an unstable person.

"Dont be surprised if people tag me as an unstable person" You just proved my point, LOL. Many civil liberties advocates, lawmakers, and organizations like the ACLU have concerns that America is slowly turning into a police state, are they all mentally unstable too? Yes, there are places that are a lot worse when it comes to freedom but notice how you are comparing America to the least free places, why not compare America to countries with the most freedom? If you truly believe the rights of Americans aren't slowly being curtailed, then you simply haven't been paying attention. I could go on and continue to argue my case but it would be a waste of time since you've already shown signs that you aren't open minded enough to consider a differing viewpoint by determining that I'm mentally unstable from a single forum post. If you want to continue living in your happy bubble reality that's fine with me.

(click to show/hide)
You still have yet to provide a single piece of evidence for your claims. I will not even attempt to argue with someone who doesnt back up his claims.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »
Lol I remember this video :P watched it on the 27th of august...The day it came out.