April 28, 2024, 07:05:51 pm

Author Topic: Kootra detained. Swatting  (Read 22860 times)

FrostyStorms

• *STAY FROSTY*
    • View Profile
Re: Kootra detained. Swatting
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
yea first whiteboy now kootra... all live-streamers are at risk. if you watch the video you can see they're being waaaay too overly aggressive. Especially with a foot (steel toed boots) on kootras head. The officers should have saw that the man is a 20 y/o nerdy white guy playing video games. This is police brutality at the finest. Just my thought.

-FrostyStorms
Stay Frosty
Did you even bother to look at the second video? they had the whole area on lockdown. The police were told Kootra was a terrorist. I think they acted the way they should have.

However when they swatted him they should have used common scene and analysed the scene. But instead we have police in military gear (coming out of my 6 digit tax money) and wanna play dress up and act way to aggressive. Its ridiculous that you guys are agreeing with the police militia. But then again you guys are probably under 18 and don't understand this.
Lmao frosty. Im actually 20 and serve in the military. You seem to be one of those trendy folk who believes everything the media has to offer. They did act appropriately. This is obviously not routine. They had no clue what to expect. Sure they could have acted differently after seeing he was just playing a game.  I have many friends who are policemen and had to recently lock down areas of my city for drug trafficking reasons and they told me how sketchy this stuff can be. They are trained to be prepared for the worst case scenario. In this case they did, as if Kootra did shoot someone or whatever the kid called the cops for.
im 24, well 18 is not a magical number... its just when your not dependent as much on your parents. Well this is a very opininated question. Its like argueing religion, theres no awnser. Im just going to stop posting, everyone is entitled in thier own opinion. And thank you for you service. (father ex airforce)

-FrostyStorms
Stay Frosty

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »
Thought this was interesting
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:03 am »
yea first whiteboy now kootra... all live-streamers are at risk. if you watch the video you can see they're being waaaay too overly aggressive. Especially with a foot (steel toed boots) on kootras head. The officers should have saw that the man is a 20 y/o nerdy white guy playing video games. This is police brutality at the finest. Just my thought.

-FrostyStorms
Stay Frosty
Did you even bother to look at the second video? they had the whole area on lockdown. The police were told Kootra was a terrorist. I think they acted the way they should have.

However when they swatted him they should have used common scene and analysed the scene. But instead we have police in military gear (coming out of my 6 digit tax money) and wanna play dress up and act way to aggressive. Its ridiculous that you guys are agreeing with the police militia. But then again you guys are probably under 18 and don't understand this.
Lol this whole "police state" and "police militia" nonsense makes me laugh a ton. That's basically something the media throws out to get ratings and kids pretend to agree with because being part of the counter culture is cool. You say people are too young to understand it well I offer the exact opposite view. As you get older you shake off the feeling of rebellion and realize how the world actually works. First responders to terrorist reports should be heavily armed and I wouldn't want it any other way.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 02:20:49 am »
Frosty, don't come crying to us if one day you call the police and they take their time getting to you.
They're doing their damn job. Everyone has already done a good job explaining this. Try putting yourself in the situation of those around the area at the time. I'm sure if you were in the building and were being evacuated, you'd want things to be treated with seriousness.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:02 am »
On the police militarization topic:

Thanks. Google Stockton, California crime rates and tell me that's unnecessary.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »

-FrostyStorms
Stay Frosty

I didnt realize 18 was a magical number that allowed you to think clearly about things. Well then.

The brain isn't fully developed until age 25.

According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s. (See J. Giedd in References.) The specific changes that follow young adulthood are not yet well studied, but it is known that they involve increased myelination and continued adding and pruning of neurons. As a number of researchers have put it, "the rental car companies have it right." The brain isn't fully mature at 16, when we are allowed to drive, or at 18, when we are allowed to vote, or at 21, when we are allowed to drink, but closer to 25, when we are allowed to rent a car.

http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/youngadult/brain.html

-FrostyStorms
Stay Frosty

Lol this whole "police state" and "police militia" nonsense makes me laugh a ton. That's basically something the media throws out to get ratings and kids pretend to agree with because being part of the counter culture is cool. You say people are too young to understand it well I offer the exact opposite view. As you get older you shake off the feeling of rebellion and realize how the world actually works. First responders to terrorist reports should be heavily armed and I wouldn't want it any other way.

If you think America isn't becoming a police state you obviously don't remember what life was like before Sept 11, 2001. Human beings like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense, calling it, for example, "funny," "hilarious," or "entertaining." In addition, they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid, mentally unstable, illogical, and so self-absorbed that they can't see things for what they really are. This is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with one's life.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:42:13 pm by 5OO »

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
If you think America isn't becoming a police state you obviously don't remember what life was like before Sept 11, 2001. Human beings like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense, calling it, for example, "funny," "hilarious," or "entertaining." In addition, they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid, mentally unstable, illogical, and so self-absorbed that they can't see things for what they really are. This is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with one's life.
If you actually think America's becoming a police state, go to an actual police state and make a comparison rather than being an armchair anarchist that you plainly seem to be.
Calling who disagree with your opinion "blow off the truth" and whilst calling yourself "truth messenger" just makes you sound pretentious and self-absorbed, so don't be surprised if people tag you as an unstable person.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:43 pm »
http://abc13.com/news/software-writer-in-la-marque-latest-swatting-victim/305170/

Latest swatting victim, Wesley Wolfe - Contributor to the Bukkit project.

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:14 am »
http://abc13.com/news/software-writer-in-la-marque-latest-swatting-victim/305170/

Now that's just another middle finger to Bukkit.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:30 pm »

TOP KEK I knew I recognised his name from somewhere!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »

While it may seem like "he deserves it" or whatever, this isn't funny or justified.

Just because someone (legally) screws over a community, doesn't mean that he should be subjected to this kind of emotional trauma.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:31 pm »
Speaking as someone from a country where the police don't carry guns I still feel this was a totally appropriate response. If someone is hypothetically going nuts in a building with a firearm I'd gladly see them treated that way. I think he's lucky they didn't blow him away. It is naturally a harsh response, but in America's history of insanely lax gun laws [in my opinion] and whereby police will happily shoot first and ask questions later I think he had a lucky escape and that the police could've been a lot worse than they were. As for the sentence against the teenager I feel the reasoning is just but the response is not. Indeed the US has been victim to several "terrorist actions" over the years and hence they are quite edgy about people effectively prank calling about such a serious subject. In short - bang him up, but maybe not for 25 years that's just unnecessary.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:45 pm »

While it may seem like "he deserves it" or whatever, this isn't funny or justified.

Just because someone (legally) screws over a community, doesn't mean that he should be subjected to this kind of emotional trauma.
No one here's saying that :o

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »

Ah, okay. Maybe I took the "TOP KEK" the wrong way :P My bad.

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:50 am »

Ah, okay. Maybe I took the "TOP KEK" the wrong way :P My bad.

What does TOP KEK even mean?