April 18, 2024, 03:46:58 am

Author Topic: {Nothing] Mistake in griefing ban!  (Read 3378 times)

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
{Nothing] Mistake in griefing ban!
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:17:18 pm »
Hey there, I tried to go onto Opticraft today and realised I was banned, of course I was very confused so I immediately came online to check why and I realised that there had obviously been a mistake - and I understand that! I was banned for griefing BigBadNova's house, but a few months ago BigBadNova gave me access to most of his stuff. He said I could have it as long as I didn't steal all his stuff and destroy his buildings, which I thought was very acceptable. I have not stolen all his stuff or destroyed any of his buildings and simply I have edited some of his buildings to suit my own use, and as he didn't say I couldn't do this; I see no reason that I should have been banned, but if it was a mistake thats fine - I understand completely.

Best regards,

icooliam

EDIT: Sorry forgot my ban link, it's here: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=icooliam
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:40:11 pm by Italian_Crafter »
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: {Nothing] Mistake in griefing ban!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »
Hello. Although what you say may well be true that bigbadnova allowed you access to his stuff/ownership of his buildings because there is no proof of this - which hopefully you can provide - we cannot necessarily unban you just because of a claim. Please wait from a response from Nothing or an Operator.

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:51:50 pm »
I thought something like that might have happened because you didn't really grief anything, you just kind of changed it to make it your own. I also thought something was up because for you to have changed the chests like you did you would have needed him to add you to the LWC protection. I mentioned these things to Bigbadnova and he told me with extreme certainty that this was not the case. As it stands right now he says you greifed his house on top of the nether as well as his enderman farm, and you were banned accordingly. I'll speak to Bigbadnova some more and see if he remembers any of this, but as long as he thinks you griefed his builds, the ban will remain.

I'll get back to you about this as soon as I can and hopefully we can get this straightened out in a timely manner but for the meantime, the ban will have to stay.

Nothing.

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »
Can you possibly tell him I'm really sorry if it appears to be that I griefed his house in the nether. I really didn't mean to modify it in such a way and I simply changed his shop into a shop for myself. I only modified the wall blocks and some donation chest area. I really didn't mean to grief! I'm happy to help him put it back if he wants to! With the enderman farm again I only changed it to suit myself, I thought I would slightly change the wall design and some signs etc to make it better!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:14:00 pm by icooliam »

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:37:07 am »
So in the past couple weeks I haven't gotten a chance to speak with Bigbadnova, but based on what I saw at the time of correcting the "greif" he reported it did seem like the house had switched owners. Chests that he had placed were broken by you so at one point you must have been allowed to them, as well as nothing really being greifed it just seemed to have been personalized to your liking. How ever, Bigbagnova doesn't recall ever allowing you to his house so they will still remain in his possession. I'm going to un-ban you but be warned, you are on very, very thin ice. Any ban after this will be permanent especially considering you have had more than enough chances. I'm going to consider this ban a mix up and though I can't remove it from your record it will be considered invalid from now on.

Welcome back to the server. Have fun and stay out of trouble.

Nothing.

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »
Hi, sorry didn't realize the post. Thanks for the unban, I'll be glad to be playing again!  :D