April 27, 2024, 04:23:43 am

Author Topic: Alternative for creative  (Read 43098 times)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Alternative for creative
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:01:03 am »
Okay so I know our favorite reason to deny suggestions now is we don't have a dev but I think I found a way to do creative on the existing server with the addition of new building ranks and worldguard magic.  People would apply for these building ranks where they would have a new creative inventory with the world at their disposal.  However with that new found power the question arises of how to make sure people don't grab a few stacks of beacons and becomes a millionaire.

To that I crafted the idea of these building ranks not being able to sell items to the market thus sacrificing their ability to play in survival to build with an unlimited amount of blocks.  I know there is a flag for not allowing you to drop items from your inventory and there is also chest-access that can be disabled for every world.

Each world would have to be zoned to have these two flags but I'm pretty sure that makes unlimited amount of free money impossible for the player to do themselves and makes creative easy to do now without much of any work.  There could also be a new world if people don't want to build on existing things they are working on.  Specifications for the building ranks would be trusted then an applications similar to those of classic where proof of building skill would be shown.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

HammondsBen :)

• The Building Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative for creative
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:44:25 am »
I think we need a flatland world only accessible by an application-to-join build team. Full creative Opticraft build team, it'd be fun! i support this x100

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:42 am »
I think we need a flatland world only accessible by an application-to-join build team. Full creative Opticraft build team, it'd be fun! i support this x100
Nah uh, x10000000000 I like this idea. Flat land is way easier to use. I have seen other survival servers that have flat worlds but in specific worlds the ability to use /gmc is allowed

Hola.

alibill96

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:46 am »
I Agree With This I Would Defiantly Enjoy It! Maybe We Could Make Another World That Creative And When They Go To The Creative World They Have A Different Inventory So When They Go Back To The Survival World/s they don't have the same inventory otherwise i think this is a great opportunity for player to show there building skills Without Having To Spend Months Getting Materials For It :)
I Defiantly Support It! :D Hope To See Another Creative World Added To The Server

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:04:10 pm »
I dont like the idea of giving up survival, I would never give up my survival mode on the server for creative. I honestly dont think we need a creative server, I cant see it attracting many more players, there is no customization and hundreds of other servers offer the exact same thing.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:08 pm »
I like this idea alot but I dont think our multi world includes support for separate inventories. Maybe in the summer ill take a look at adding that in .
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 07:57:29 pm »
this plugin enables separate creative/survival inventories

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/gamemodeinventories/

wouldnt this solve the entire problem? players get creative automaticly when they get creative because they enter the creative world, and in the creative world, they arnt able to sell anything, and disabeling the dropping of items isnt necessary either because the players in creative cant switch gamemodes.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:00:50 pm by zwaan111 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

wouldnt this solve the entire problem? players get creative automaticly when they get creative because they enter the creative world, and in the creative world, they arnt able to sell anything, and disabeling the dropping of items isnt necessary either because the players in creative cant switch gamemodes.
the problem with this is that currently I have only one way if forcing a game mode won't work because then old can't go into creative in regular worlds. I'll try to figure something out.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:00 pm »

the problem with this is that currently I have only one way if forcing a game mode won't work because then old can't go into creative in regular worlds. I'll try to figure something out.

Shame we don't use multiverse, the gamemode can be easily set for each world. Also, without multiverse core, you could still get multiverse-inventories (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiverse-inventories/) it's a very good plugin that works effectively in my opinion having used it.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 11:14:03 pm »
If im honest, I think another gamemode will drag apart our community or easily leave one of the gamemodes deserted
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 11:32:33 pm »
please

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 11:54:46 pm »

Shame we don't use multiverse, the gamemode can be easily set for each world. Also, without multiverse core, you could still get multiverse-inventories (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiverse-inventories/) it's a very good plugin that works effectively in my opinion having used it.
Depends on how it interacts with our multi world code.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 07:29:26 am »
I really like this idea and hope something gets worked out for it to work.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 05:48:02 pm »
I think it'd bring a whole lot of life back to the creative side of our players.  Eagerly awaiting to see the results of it
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »
I think it'd bring a whole lot of life back to the creative side of our players.  Eagerly awaiting to see the results of it
I feel a creative server is more likely due to it being much easier for us to accomplish.