April 23, 2024, 12:13:46 pm

Author Topic: SMP temporarily offline  (Read 11584 times)

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: SMP temporarily offline
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »
Should be up within the hour - just waiting on DNS to propagate. If you want to connect in the meanwhile, use this ip: 192.169.93.34

- Please dont save this IP as it may change in the future - stick with smp.opticraft.net once it works again for you.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:57:18 pm by optical »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »
Cheers Opti.

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »
thanks  :D

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 02:46:59 pm »
Oh how I love you opticalza

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »
Thanks opti!

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »
just for the record guys ddos isn't really hacking. it equates more to me calling your phone over and over until no one else can call your phone because i constantly am.

It used to be that you could do this from a single computer (phone) but servers got smart and now limit the number of pings (calls) per second.

so pretty much what happens now is some stupid kid somewhere pays a botnet company (bunch of people sitting around at a call center) to have all the computers they control (employees at phones) ping your server (call your phone) over and over again to "distribute" the pings per second (calls per second)

no hacker in the true sense of the word gives 2 s**ts about attacking a minecraft server, and ddos-ing someone is beneath them, there's much stealthier ways to infiltrate and disturb a servers infrastructure.

so yea this wasn't a hack done by a hacker.... it was a disgruntled child throwing a tantrum with mommy's credit card.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »
points finger at gavin (not really)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 12:53:41 am »
just for the record guys ddos isn't really hacking. it equates more to me calling your phone over and over until no one else can call your phone because i constantly am.

It used to be that you could do this from a single computer (phone) but servers got smart and now limit the number of pings (calls) per second.

so pretty much what happens now is some stupid kid somewhere pays a botnet company (bunch of people sitting around at a call center) to have all the computers they control (employees at phones) ping your server (call your phone) over and over again to "distribute" the pings per second (calls per second)

no hacker in the true sense of the word gives 2 s**ts about attacking a minecraft server, and ddos-ing someone is beneath them, there's much stealthier ways to infiltrate and disturb a servers infrastructure.

so yea this wasn't a hack done by a hacker.... it was a disgruntled child throwing a tantrum with mommy's credit card.

I feel like everyone who has their Facebook "hacked" should know this too.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 02:52:19 am »

I feel like everyone who has their Facebook "hacked" should know this too.
That is entirely different lol...

To hack a facebook account you either need to steal session ids using arp spoofing.  This is basically tricking facebook to send the login data through a fake-router before connecting to the internet.  This is fairly easy to do, but is basically not possible being as facebook has encrypted passwords.(You can arp-spoof through apps on a rooted android phone to show how easy it is.)

Or you would have to "phish" facebook passwords which requires pretty deep knowledge and tools... So hacking facebook passwords is much harder than ddosing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:55:54 am by __gavin »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 08:52:19 am »
Being a hacker on facebook means taking someones phone that automatically logs them in and typing something, anyway back on topic; thanks opti
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
That is entirely different lol...

To hack a facebook account you either need to steal session ids using arp spoofing.  This is basically tricking facebook to send the login data through a fake-router before connecting to the internet.  This is fairly easy to do, but is basically not possible being as facebook has encrypted passwords.(You can arp-spoof through apps on a rooted android phone to show how easy it is.)

Or you would have to "phish" facebook passwords which requires pretty deep knowledge and tools... So hacking facebook passwords is much harder than ddosing.

lol no you're over complicating it.

Being a hacker on facebook means taking someones phone that automatically logs them in and typing something, anyway back on topic; thanks opti

lol this is how it happens like 80% of the time so nail on the head

the other options are tricking people into going to a false fb login link and scamming them (not hacking anything)

or tricking them into downloading a key logger, which is again a scam not a hack

people like blaming their mistakes on hackers because then it's outa their control, but in reality it's usually them falling for some kind of scam and downloading something they shouldn't or logging in where they shouldn't.
New York Times: Hacking vs Scamming
and it's as easy as that.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.