April 29, 2024, 12:28:54 pm

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54679 times)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Re: Market Update
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »
Alright.. why? Why do you have to remove this? Are you trying to keep people from not getting money? Why do you keep wanting us to not afk at iron farms, the people that have made them took time to make them so I think it deserves to pay off.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17:56 pm »
I say we adopt girlluvzermac's idea the was talking to me about the other day.

---><--- Click the monkey

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »
I honestly do not see how afking takes away the community aspect of the server. Personally, as a player, do not see a negative impact on the server from this. People make iron farms, its a goal for them. Unlike the melon farms, this does not create huge lag spikes. This does not impact other players in any way.

Some people will say "Its a survival server, you're not supposed to get rich!". Honestly, making money is a survival aspect on this server. Economy has been a huge part of the server, and is deeply integrated. Saying that making money on the server is not a goal, or aspect of survival server is simply incorrect. Minecraft is about survival, creation, and doing whatever you please. Some people use money as means of survival, by buying food and/or other supplies. I see this hurting the survival aspect more than helping it.

I also havent seen players really complaining about this. The staff sure has, but most of players like the idea of them being able to have a decent flow of cash to fund their projects on the server. I'm sure that someone has complained, but overall the community seems to like the idea of selling iron. Not the staff, but the community, as in the trusteds, members, and guests.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »
You say that like there's absolutely no other way to earn money. Taking away the ability to sell iron and gold hasn't physically had any impact on any farm, you can still use them for other things, you'll simply need to find other means of earning money.

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »
I support this! Even tho I have recently made a gold farm but the gold I make from it goes into my horses so people stop crying and stop taking everything so seriously you can still sell it to other players so I don't see all the fuss... bite your tongues ._.

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
you can still sell it to other players so I don't see all the fuss

Im surprised it took until the 2nd page for someone to mention that.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 05:20:37 pm »
i dont always afk but ive put hard work into my iron and gold farm.. and now i cant make any money of it..
Hey, now you can use them for that they intended to be used for.. crafting things! Who would've guessed?
People where happy making money.. if people are happy then why change it?!
Yea, and everyone was happy with the melon farms too, yet it was changed.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »
Cmon, it ruins the aspect of the server. People play on this server to get rich and have a lot of money.
Who plays Opticraft just to get rich? 

And people there are other ways to get money...get over it

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 06:05:51 pm »
Well, This does'nt affect me this much, If any thing it benifets me. =D

Iron and Gold is always a nice block to build with, So if you have a Iron/Gold farm why not try using those blocks in your build.

And Caving to get iron/gold Is better to get because afking can get real boring.

-Nhataley

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 06:07:34 pm »
Thanks nick

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »
You could also just craft pistons with your iron.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »
You could also just craft pistons with your iron.
That also requires other matireals, Mabye lowering the price?

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 06:54:31 pm »
I don't really disagree with this plan but at this stage in the entire Opticraft lifespan, its definitely going to throw a lot of people off. Those who became super rich got lucky enough to be in a time when iron farms were a source of money. While it may be harder after this "update" to make that same amount of money in such a quick amount of time, it doesn't mean making money will be impossible. People still buy enchanted items, you can still sell your items for your own price in your own shop, etc. It's a long overdue update but just like every update that removes automatic farms, people won't be happy. 

Offtopic: Let me get this straight though. Whoever is calling us a survival server is wrong. Even if we advertise ourselves as one, we are the loosest definition of a survival server. A true survival server wouldn't have an economy or a market in the first place. People would be mining all day, hiding from mobs, wearing diamond armor when they go out, making sure to sleep in a bed so they don't lose their home, no way to protect their precious builds from griefers and creepers, etc. In many areas, mobs don't spawn as often as they used to but we've managed to sort of bring back some of the mob spawning. When it comes to going home, we just use a simple command to warp there. Sleeping in a bed has completely lost its function in the survival aspect of this server. Plus we use protection stones. While you can still maintain a survival aspect with just protection stones, they're the cherry on the top of all plugins we offer to players to remove that survival feel and make you happy that none of your hard work was griefed. Survival is about the hard work, skills and effort put into the game to SURVIVE from the creatures of the night and your fellow player's griefing. Go ahead and try to make an argument that we still are a survival server but in your mind, you know that which defines a survival server is not what we're all about.

The only reason we still classify as survival is because we're in survival mode and mobs, if you manage to find one, can kill you/pursue you. We are definitely a community server and definitely an economy server, but I'm not too sure if the original definition of a survival server fits in my description of Opticraft at this moment.

Just my two cents....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:03:15 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »
Just throwing this out there, i know it wont have much of an effect but still...

less people with money will mean less people paying others to donate for them.  I have seen multiple people (including myself) paying others for donations. Might be a bit less money to the server if there are less rich people. lol i know this is a huge 'what if'

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »
I fully support this, afking has been the #1 way of getting money for too long.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*