April 29, 2024, 03:32:52 am

Author Topic: New guest world announcement!  (Read 52922 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: New guest world announcement!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 02:33:21 am »
Same here...home, spleef, ALL of my stuff and farms, holy Jebus Crysis, everything!
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 02:39:39 am »
Will you be transporting stuff over to the new guest world Nick?
No we will not. We lack the manpower to do something like that.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Quattro92

• Saving the world one day at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 03:00:26 am »
So what we are being told is this will happen with all the other worlds too at some point.
This just plain sucks.  I worked hard on all of my buildings in the guest world, and now all of it will be deleted. >:(

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 03:03:06 am »
So what we are being told is this will happen with all the other worlds too at some point.
This just plain sucks.  I worked hard on all of my buildings in the guest world, and now all of it will be deleted. >:(

I dont think you quite understand how far in the future we are talking about here.

Quattro92

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 03:05:43 am »
Sonic, as he said, it will be months before anything is deleted, so dont worry about it now. Snape, probably not.
I dont think you quite understand how far in the future we are talking about here.

Then why did Alicia months? ???

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 03:10:00 am »
Sonic, as he said, it will be months before anything is deleted, so dont worry about it now. Snape, probably not.

She said months, never said how many. Any length of time can be broken down into months.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 03:13:06 am »
nick you sure do know just how to get everyone's panties in a bunch  :D

I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 03:14:53 am »
Well Tiggy, everything YOU'VE done on Opticraft isn't in a world which will be terminated a couple of months from now.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19:36 am »
Well Tiggy, everything YOU'VE done on Opticraft isn't in a world which will be terminated a couple of months from now.
A couple of months you say? I would love to see your source for this info.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 03:23:15 am »

lol you're over reacting... they've clearly stated it's in no way happening any time relatively soon.

and honestly it shouldn't come as any surprise that the world would get reset eventually (again not relatively soon)
a lesser server would've /failed and corrupted the map by now.

be grateful it's lasted this long thanks to the diligent upkeep.

and for the record i have plenty of things that i'll lose when the world goes bye bye but i don't expect them to host an old guest world forever so i accept that i have to move those things or lose them....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:26:37 am by tiggy26668 »
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 03:23:40 am »
Sure thing buddy :P

She said months, never said how many. Any length of time can be broken down into months.

I guess I better start movin things over then.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:27:20 am by SnapeTheSnipe »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 03:26:33 am »
I fail to see where a couple months is said. You do realize months could be 12 months right? like i said before, any amount of time can be measured in months. Please think before causing panic.

Quattro92

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:26 am »

Generally people think that when somebody says months they mean 11 months or less.  Now if it was over 11 months why not say years?
BTW the idea of the current guest world going away is what we're upset about.  I've been on here for 8 months and most of it was spent in the guest world.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 03:35:25 am »
Surely you must agree that the guest world looks like crap. The area around the spawn and warp points is completely trashed and the world is almost half water. The current map will still be available for a long time. But all things must come to an end.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 03:37:26 am »
Surely you must agree that the guest world looks like crap. The area around the spawn and warp points is completely trashed and the world is almost half water. The current map will still be available for a long time. But all things must come to an end.
*sigh* You have a point :( Had better find a way to make the best out of the new world generations, make a new descent farm, and a home that I can be more proud of.