April 28, 2024, 01:57:47 pm

Author Topic: Going for a World Record!  (Read 13442 times)

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
Going for a World Record!
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:04 am »
As some of you might know, the world record for longest time without sleep is 264 hours, or 11 days. Today, i will begin to try to break that record. I may fail a couple times (already have) but I will keep you updated each day! Wish me luck!

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Re: Going for a World Record!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:42:37 am »
I sorry but I think you will fail but there is one that can,

Not may know who he is or what he has done. He goes by the name REDCHECKS but be careful hes not easy to find. He can do this challenge, but i think you might not be able to
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:00:56 pm by arsenic_shark »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12:39 pm »
Be careful dude, no sleep can be very dangerous.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 12:42:22 pm »
Yes, having no sleep for a very long period of time is extremely dangerous. You can find an article about the effects of sleep deprivation here, just be careful not to fall asleep while reading it.
I believe that staying awake for too long can cause brain damage. Also, be aware that after several days of not sleeping, the body will shut down and force you to rest. I'm not talking about being overly tired and not being able to stay awake, I'm talking more along the lines of a coma. The body won't wake up until it has rested long enough to be able to function again. So be careful.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

lethalpotatoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »
After about 72 hours, you will begin to hallucinate really bad. Everything looks mssed up too.

Winniedoxie

• The Dachshund Fanatic
  • Dachshunds ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »
Good Luck! Just be careful as everyone else said. And stay hydrated!

Just don't do it. It's a really bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:03:06 pm by WinnieDoxie »

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »
Yeah.. I wouldn't do it, when my friends and I go for all nighters she says it's not good for you. If you are to do this buy a shit load of Mt. Dews.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 04:33:23 pm »
Yes, having no sleep for a very long period of time is extremely dangerous. You can find an article about the effects of sleep deprivation here, just be careful not to fall asleep while reading it.
I believe that staying awake for too long can cause brain damage. Also, be aware that after several days of not sleeping, the body will shut down and force you to rest. I'm not talking about being overly tired and not being able to stay awake, I'm talking more along the lines of a coma. The body won't wake up until it has rested long enough to be able to function again. So be careful.
Summarised plagiarism?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »
11 days? Thats not far off from lethal dude. You cant live without sleep, youll go insane. Go ahead and break a record, but not this one.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 05:44:23 pm »
This is by far the dumbest record to attempt.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »
This is a bad idea, please don't do it. :(

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »
Yea this is a bad record to break very dangerous... Well good luck.

zombieravemaster

• i quit opticraft for realz now ;)
    • View Profile
    • friendlyplayers
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »
Day 1 without sleep: Extreme fatigue, poor coordination, and low focus.

Day 2: Fatigue Worsens, focus is almost nonexistant. Frequent hunger. Hot and cold flashes add to the misery.

Day 3: Fatigue is replaced by a nervous, almost manic energy. You feel that you can focus, but in reality cannot. Hunger worsens.

Day 4: Fatigue returns. Your body will feel like it is breaking down. I am no stranger to severe injury, but can honestly say, this is the closest I have ever felt to death. You can actually feel your body dying. That may not be the case, but I have no other word to describe the feeling. Most of your time spent in a disassociative fugue. Even without sleeping, you will begin to lose track of large segments of time.

Day 5: This is when the hallucinations start. large blocks of time gone missing, you'll go through entire classes at school, then look up, and realize you are in your room, and the classes never happened. Talk to people, freinds and family for hours, make plans, then look up, and its 10 minutes later in your room. I hear scratching on the walls, but no matter how fast I turn my head, the scratching will always be 90 degrees off center, just out of my sight. I hear gentle, and sometimes not so gentle knocking at my door, to open it and find no one there. Tapping at the window when you are not looking at it.

Day 5.5) about 12 hours into Day 5, the visual hallucinations begin. You will look at something, and small shadows will suddenly dart out of your peripheral vision. If you try to visually follow them, you can't, they're gone, but more will dart the other way out of the corner of the opposite eye. Sometimes, the room will suddenly darken, or slide out of focus. (Interestingly, the shadows running in the corners of your eyes do not).

Day 6: Things start to get really weird, but I'd rather not discuss it.

Sleep deprivation can be fatal, but it usually takes more than one week. I have heard estimates from 10 days to 3 months. Studies have proven that it can kill though. I do not recommend trying it, as any sleep loss is very bad for your health.

good luck
click this plz

dunno wat im up too now adays? look for me on steam.

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »
good lord.

I hope you know what you are getting into.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »
I regularly do 24 hours, due to insomnia.

I've done 48 hours no problem, usually due to a major gaming session or crazy movie marathon.

I do 72 hours once a year as a member of a charity event.

The longest I've done is 5 days, but I wasn't trying to break a record.  Was just in a situation that wouldn't allow me to sleep due to extreme stress and depression.  Zombieravemaster is pretty close to being accurate with his explanations.  Day 4 was the worst of my experience.  You're still aware of your surroundings to know your body is shutting down, but you don't feel like you have the energy to do anything about it.  A friend of mine, who is a nurse, apparently talked me into taking sedatives on Day 5 because my speech was slurred, as if I'd been drinking, and I started talking to myself.  I don't remember anything from Day 5, it's like a blur.  Apparently 2 NyQuil knocked me out though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:40:25 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)