April 29, 2024, 12:37:35 am

Author Topic: Member World Update  (Read 66798 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Member World Update
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:19 pm »
Server IP: smp.opticraft.net

Hello fellow opticrafters,

I realize that it has been a while since we have officially announced anything about the upcoming member world for the server. Well I have some good news, the building portion of the world is officially DONE. All that is left are server side things that optical will need to sort out. Unfortunately, he is very busy at the moment so I cannot give you guys an accurate time for the worlds release, but we are working hard on getting you guys onto the new world.

To answer a few questions: Players inventories will stay the same between both worlds, so you will be able to take items to the new world and back. We will NOT be moving any buildings to the new world. The guest world will still be heavily moderated.

A special thanks to everyone who helped build the new world:
Tobs74
Raul7legend
Bantam2
Redchecks
Terrewee
Nyssa
Arsenic_shark
me
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:28:36 pm by optical »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Member World Update
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:10:11 pm »
We've all been working hard on it, I'm finally happy to see that the building portion is done
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:13:35 pm by raul7legend »

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
Cool! Can't wait!
Probably the best Builder ever.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
YAY!!! Same inventory and we get to move our items between the worlds!  Before I wasn't excited but now I am! Great news to hear!!! XD

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:19:51 pm »
Thank you guys for all the hard work!!!

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »
The "me" at the end was hilarious.

Anyways, looking forward to it.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:36 pm »
It's pretty impressive to say the least, a lot more organised, great features and a lot of thought put into the layout. Looking forward to the release, nice work guys!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »
I can't wait! :D I'll 100% come back to SMP when it comes up!
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Knight_Of_Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »
This wording is a bit confusing to me. Will items from the current world in our inventories be moved with us, or are you talking about two new worlds for the new server worlds and those inventories will be exchangeable?
Because I just broke down all the blocks that cost me a lot of in-game $$$ so I could be ready to build in the new world when it's up.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:55:20 pm by Chrisgothigh »

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:09:22 pm »
This wording is a bit confusing to me. Will items from the current world in our inventories be moved with us, or are you talking about two new worlds for the new server worlds and those inventories will be exchangeable?
Because I just broke down all the blocks that cost me a lot of in-game $$$ so I could be ready to build in the new world when it's up.
Nick is saying that you could switch worlds at ease and also in term, bringing all your items with you. (Long process if you have a lot of items)
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Victor1261

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:26 pm »
Unfortunately, this means that I have to rebuild my tree and melon farm.  :-\

And a question, the in-game money will be brought between worlds right? (Kinda obvious answer since both worlds run on the same server with the mod.)

Knight_Of_Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »
Nick is saying that you could switch worlds at ease and also in term, bringing all your items with you. (Long process if you have a lot of items)
So... that means the current world is becoming the guest world, and this applies to our current inventories? Sorry I'm a bit slow.  ???

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 12:12:47 am »
Great news.  Thanks for all the hard work getting it ready!

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 12:37:06 am »
Dear people building the New World. Please don't explore the boundaries because there is a new type of ore being introduced into the game with the 1.3 update. We want to find that ore while we are exploring, and if the are has already been generated before hand, then the ore won't exist (to my knowledge) there.

Thanks.