June 17, 2024, 01:06:03 pm

Author Topic: people advertising  (Read 1881 times)

Creepers_R_US_12

• View Profile
people advertising
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:52:09 am »
i would just like to say that i have benn on for a while and people have started to advertise other servers spaming it every 10 seconds or so and it is filling up the chat bar, i no people are also anoyed bye this and is there anything that can be done thx :-\

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: people advertising
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:54:02 am »
If a mod sees, they will get kicked/banned. If no mod is on, a screenshot should be enough to get them into trouble.

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:12:58 am »
i would just like to say that i have benn on for a while and people have started to advertise other servers spaming it every 10 seconds or so and it is filling up the chat bar, i no people are also anoyed bye this and is there anything that can be done thx :-\
creeper if a mod isnt on and your annoyed at them spamming chat just type /ch ignore {player}. That basically means it mutes the player :)

Dewey :)

Creepers_R_US_12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:01 am »
thx but loads of mods were on

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:29:40 pm »
If someone starts spamming just message a mod+. Sometimes the spammers use /msg to a bunch of players so the mods can't see them. Just message a mod and tell them what the player is saying.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »
The only thing is... when such advert-spammers use /msg a, I can very well see it

Most of these players start off at the spawn and in Local chat anyway. It's still not acceptable when they do that, since we don't advertise our server on other servers-- why should they advertise on ours?

Creepers_R_US_12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:50:21 am »
good point xeadin and thx guys for the help. i will msg the mods like u guys when it happens. thx for support ;D ;D ;D